“Doesn't dissappoint after 20 years”
Review of Boulevard

Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart St.
Garden Valley, California
“Doesn't dissappoint after 20 years”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

An established restaurant that has won many honors over it's 20yr + . Great food and service. NOT a trendy place but for people that prefer a quieter setting rather than a "live" acoustic noisy room to enjoy their meal.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank nobatesmotels

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Waikoloa, Hawaii
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had a difficult time deciding where to eat in SF when we were visiting, and finally decided on Boulevard. It was a happening place when we went for dinner, packed with diners. I had fish and the husband had braised ribs. My fish was slightly overcooked. Presentation is nice, just need to work on taste. Maybe the kitchen was busy.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank KonaAloha1
Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Boulevard for a date night during a business trip. We decided to do this last minute and were thrilled that we were able to walk right in and eat at the chef's bar. It was actually entertaining to watch the chefs in action, and they certainly paid close attention to the details! Our waiter was excellent, making sure we had exactly what we needed. Besides the great service the food was delicious! Cooked exactly how we'd ordered, flavorful, and unique. I highly recommend Boulevard!

San Francisco, CA
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

You can always count on Boulevard for a great dining experience. Always fun to go there, lunch or dinner. One of my favorite restaurants in the city. A must.

• Visited July 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Bad Choice!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I had been to Boulevard 12 years ago with my husband and had such a wonderful experience that when I saw the 26 points on the Zagat, decided to come again. I could still remember the Wahoo I had that long ago.
This time we were traveling with our daughters ( 8 and 11).

As we passed the revolving doors, we were on a loud dinning room with probably over 150 people.
At that moment I thought, this is either gonna be wonderful or a disaster.
Even though it was full, the service was really good.
The waiters where really attentive and when we asked if they had a kids menu, he sad: we can make pasta or a steak.
So we ordered a steak with french fries for them which was really good but small (both asked for more). I shared 2 appetizers with my husband: tuna sashimi and grilled calamaries, they were both ok, nothing special. I disliked even more the bed of "" under the calamaries. Both were really small for the $18 average that each cost.
For main dishes, I ordered the Halibut, again very flat flavors, nothing exciting ($34). My husband ordered the pork chop, again a small portion, extremely salty and unexcited flavors ($38)
We ordered the check. It was over $200. They charged $50 for the girls steak...
I truly regret not having taken the concierge's recommendation on other restaurants.
And for my friends from the Zagat: check that 26!
You owe me $200 and a good dinner in San Francisco.

• Visited July 2014