“Gracious, consistent, and memorable”
Review of Boulevard

Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart St.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have dined here on seven occasions. This past week, we spontaneously stopped in on a Friday night and was greeted graciously and without condescension that we did not have a reservation. In over 20 years of living in San Francisco, we have discovered that if you are willing to eat at the bar or in a side area, every type of high-end restaurant is available, with or without reservations.

Our spontaneity was rewarded. We sat in the side area and the little, clear panels kept us from intruding on or being intruded upon by other diners. Our server, Cliff (I think), was terrific and his timing was perfect. He knew exactly how to present wine and food--so refreshing to experience!

I enjoyed a lamb dish with pistachio/garlic puree with kale and little perfect potatoes nestled underneath the flawless lamb. The lamb resembled butter in texture and so so flavorful, I had to check again as to what I ordered. My husband had a fish dish which included some original vegetables and a light sauce which made the fish soar in flavor. We shared a Kistler Pinot Noir--and voila! THIS is the reason one goes out to dinner: to be taken care of and served flawless food.

Enjoy this restaurant when you are not in a hurry, enjoy La Belle Epoque, and want to remember what civilized dining requires.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We did not have reservations, and walked in. We dined at the chef's bar, which was so entertaining. Although the place was packed, our server was charming, attentive and along with the food, we had the perfect evening.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of the finest restaurants in which I've ever had the pleasure of dining. Both the food and service are exceptional. While my appetizer and entrée were truly excellent, I expect that everything else on the menu is equally as good. I can only say amen to all of the other 5 star reviews on this site. I can hardly wait to return.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not only an elegant and comfortable restaurant but it has terrific Gluten Free offerings, including a decadent desert!

The service absolutely lives up to the food!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was our first time at Boulevard, attracted by the excellent reviews. Building is on the corner of Mission St...... a beautiful building evoking a Paris bistro. Excellent decor, ambience and lighting. Service was faultless. Outstanding apetizers were the Ravioli with Maine Lobster and the Tuna Tartare. I had the Pork chop for Entree and my colleagues has the Fillet Mignon and the Halibut....all excellent. We had a bottle of Burgundy Pinot Noir at $88 which was also excellent.

We shared desserts including the Butterscotch Pudding (only fair), the Apple Tart and the Lemon Merangue (quite good).

Overall, a great and memorable meal and well worth the $150 per person we paid.