“Highly Recommend”
Review of Boulevard

Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 5,665 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart St.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a charming place on Mission St. I had read reviews before deciding where to eat in San Francisco and thought this would feel like I thought the city would be. It was. I had the lamb sausage/lamb tbone and the tbone was really good and the sausage was pretty good. My husband had the rabbit which was very tasty and really tender. The rabbit was extremely well sauced. The wine list was very expensive so we got one of the lower priced bottles and it was so weak you could barely taste the difference between that and the water. I ordered a glass of cabernet and it was so much better than the bottle that my husband ordered one also. The waitress noticed we still had wine in the bottle and we explained the situation to her. She gave us both glasses on the house. For dessert we had the rhubard and apple crisp which was very good. Most of our meal was really good which is the reason for the strong recommendation.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Newport Beach, California
“One of the Best Restaurants in the U.S.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Modern Californian Cuisine in a beautiful setting. Always superbly prepared with exceptional service. The wine list is one of the best in SF. All in all, a delightful dining experience. Advance reservations a must.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Super crowded”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Was only able to make the 9PM reservation.

The restaurant was super crowded, there wasn't even space to stand comfortably in the restaurant to wait for the table. The restaurant is shaped like a rectangular and you can see all the way to the other end. So in a way it looked super packed and it was too noisy for our liking.
We waited till 9.15PM for the table and the restaurant was kind enough to hold some of our shopping bags.
We were brought to the back end of the restaurant which had an excellent view of the lit bay bridge.

The food service was fast and efficient. We had 3 courses, appetizers, mains and desserts each. I ordered the Dungeness Crab Salad, Alaskan Halibut and a greek yoghurt sorbet.
The salad and dessert were really tasty but the Halibut was too dry for my liking.
My friends really enjoyed the caramel bar and I tried the swordfish which I thought was much nicer than the Halibut.

After the meal we went for a stroll near the ferry terminal (Just across the road) and had trouble hailing a cab. Maybe it would be better to get the restaurant to get a cab.

I would recommend opting for the earlier dinner appointment.

• Visited April 2013
frederick, maryland
“Outstanding service and delightful food adventure”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Three of us, including one vegetarian, came here for a memorable meal experience - it was superb! Tim H., our server, was the consummate professional and seemed to have a deep appreciation for good food and knew everything about of the meals put before us. His recommendations reflected a keen sense of his customers needs and were excellent. Tim's attention to our meal helped make this an extraordinary experience for us.

The food was a remarkable blend of tasty ingredients - the beet salad was much more than beets, with every bite a combination of flavors to savor (morbier cheese, pickled cauliflower, etc.). I started with the fava bean raviolini - fresh little raviolis stuffed with mashed bean - surrounded by fava beans, small morels (yum!), tiny roasted radishes, and other taste surprises (excellent).

For the main course, our vegetarian was presented with a magnificent assortment of asparagus, crispy nebrodini and hen of the woods mushrooms, roasted shishito peppers, blue potatoes, small onions, etc. dabbed with a ginger/lemon sabayon sauce - beautiful presentation and every bit as delicious as it looked (none of us could resist helping to eat this!). (Unfortunately, my iPhone photographic skills were simply not up to the task with this complex dish.)

I had the halibut which was cooked perfectly and served over ceci beans and other taste treats. (Raven, the First Nations creator, would have been pleased that the Alaskan halibut was treated with such respect!).

To finish we had the strawberries with balsamic vinegar gelee and other fabulous culinary manipulations by an obviously very skilled pastry chef (next time I will have to take notes to keep up!). We also had two cheeses, a French Coulommiers (like a more interesting version of Brie) with honey and walnuts; and a Swiss "Tete de Moine" ("Monk's head" - that is scraped instead of cut from the cheese round to bring out the flavor) with orange marmelade (both of these cheeses were excellent!). We finished with a nice espresso.

I wish I lived here; I would visit Boulevard often for the service and the food. Nancy Oakes is a chef superstar!

• Visited June 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Disappointing and Expensive”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant because it was highly recommended by some of our friends. We knew it would be expensive and our expectations were pretty high. I had lamb and it was just okay. I can't recall what everyone else had but none of the four of us were impressed with our food. Even dessert, raspberry sorbet was disappointing. During our 4 day trip, this meal was our most expensive and least satisfying.

Visited June 2013