“Perfection”
Review of Boulevard

Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 5,826 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart St.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was SO impressed. The server was a pro - so was every other staff person I saw. They all worked together like a well-oiled machine. Had the wild salmon - so perfectly cooked I hated to see it go! I make salmon once a week and never get it to this level - what skill. Dessert was a perfect combination of flavors - many little details of flavor - delightful to see as we'll as eat. It's costly, so be prepared! Check out their menu on the web.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My only complaint is the seating area near the open grill. Very smoky air - not pleasant - asked to be moved to front of restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I didn't know the Boulevard was actually Michelin-rated till after dinner. We chose it for it's great location, wine list and expert Sommelier (a wine "rock star" he is called). We didn't have a reservation and got a table quickly, and our waiter Clint was tremendous. So all in all, very good food (very, very good), a great wine list, warm and friendly service, and excellent Sommelier attention.

1  Thank DondiJoseph
Reviewed May 27, 2013

While on a last-minute, first-time trip to SF, my then fiancée and I enjoyed an outstanding meal at Boulevard.

We arrived early and we were kindly asked to wait until a table was available. I can't complain about this. The restaurant was busy, and we did make a reservation for a specific time. The staff near the bar was attentive and did ask us if we would like to enjoy a drink while waiting.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The attention to detail, barreled brick ceilings with recessed lighting, the copper hood over the kitchen -- all beautiful and tasteful. I enjoyed looking around. I understand the restaurant in 20+ years old. I wouldn't call the decor modern or current, I was surprised at how immaculate everything was given the age of the restaurant.

Guests seemed to be dressed more casually than I expected. Granted, it was a Sunday evening and many guests appeared to have just come dressed in jerseys from a 49ers game watch or perhaps even the game itself. This slightly detracted from the romantic aspect of the restaurant, but this might just be a fault of our expectations.

We shared several appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. Each dish was executed to perfection. Dishes were flavorful and interesting.

If I had to complain about something, it was that the restaurant declined to call a cab for us after our expensive meal. We did have to wait for a very long time outside of the restaurant to flag our own cab. Perhaps this is just the way it is in SF, but we were disappointed that the service ended upon paying our bill.

Would I go back or recommend the meal without hesitation? Absolutely.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We could not fault the food ! Amazing !!! Both meals were incredible and cooked to perfection ! However our waiter was not !!! I couldn't even tell you his name or remember his face ! Only that he was male. I tipped very lightly due to this and this caused his rude attitude to peak !! Very disappointed when the food was so good. Ruined our evening after a brilliant meal in itself !!