“Embarc at Ferry and Walk/Run to Esoteric, Conservative,AMAZING”
Review of Boulevard

Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Steuart St.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

O.K. I did not make a reservation and I have read about this restaurant for awhile.My intention was to go to the Ferry Building and it was a stormy Sunday into early evening.The place I wanted to go to was closed.The only place opened was the Slanted Door.I had heard about this too.One look at menu and I was still skeptical,23 dollars for an app.Then I ventured into the smelly bar and the carpet reeked.I walked back outside and sat on a bench.My feet were killing me because I had walked all over S.F. with my teen.We stumbled upon "The Boulevard". Walk or Run or Stumble (like I did)They sat us in the bar with no res. The server was fantastic and old school .The food was phenomenal!!! The menu sounds really esoteric and odd.How does ravioli with salted caramel chestnut puree and fried nettles sound?Not like Grandma used to make?Talk about my food snobbery left side of my brain starting to tweak.In fact the whole menu sounds strange and hard to read.After ordering the mozzarella and chicory with hazelnuts and grilling the waiter on other apps,this was the most amazing mouth watering morsel ever!It was also stuffed with Teleme cheese (the ravioli)Even if the menu sounds weird and not inexpensive at 18 for apps.They really have some of the most amazing tastes on one plate that I have ever had!Also, great if not pricey wines by the glass.Last night in S.F. I was justifying the splurge because I was sipping a fab Christmas cocktail that was pink but not too sweet and my kid was massaging my feet under the tablecloth.I will return one day make a proper rez and order more then just apps. What an amazing experience in the city by the bay!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I ate at this restaurant late on Dec 23 with my sister and our husbands. We were very tired this day but the concierge at our hotel assured us we didn't need to miss out on dining at Boulevard. Boy are we glad we took her advice! We enjoyed our meal and the experience from start to finish. Everything was delicious from our drinks to dessert and everything in between. I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly- as was my husbands. My brother in law and sister had the pork and loved it. We each order different desserts but none of us were willing to share. I had the holiday sampler plate and it was perfect. The service was excellent as well. I would definitely recommend Boulevard to anyone looking for a memorable meal and would for sure go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Boulevard has been on my radar for a while and up until 1 1/2 yrs. ago lived close enough to visit at least a couple of times a year. Now we live in southern CA so it took us 2 yrs. to get back. We LOVE SF at Christmas time so finally ate there on the 23rd. The food for all 4 of us was melt in your mouth amazing! The flavor combinations were like nothing we had had before and I had the best pork chop ever-barely had to chew. We had the same reaction to the ravioli-she was going to order it as an appetizer (all we saw on the menu) and the waiter told her she could have it as a main course-she was so happy she did. They were so light and tasty-the pasta and the filling. The decor and ambiance was beautiful-rarely do we take pictures at a restaurant, but we took plenty. Service was good, could have have been a little more attentive and friendly, but certainly did not interfere with an otherwise perfect experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Bouleverd is an outstanding restaurant of truly world class stature. The food, wine list and service are superb, not to mention the great value for money. If you are seeking an authentic dining experience in San Francisco, this is not to be missed. Thank you to the staff for a most memorable experience.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Excellent dining experience with a professional friendly staff in an excellent location. We had the primo table in the house, the corner by the view of the water. My avacado salad was fabulous, my husband's lamb was great and my quail had some gnocchi with it and was wonderful and just enough! it was our friends birthday and we had a holiday plate for her birthday was was yummy!!!!! A wonderful experience! The best restaurant we have eaten at in San Francisco!!!!!