“Wow. A meal to remember.”
Review of The House

The House
Ranked #48 of 6,497 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was on a business trip, solo, and tired from a cross country flight. I grabbed a walk in seat when the restaurant opened, and what a brilliant move that was. I started with the tuna tartar. Excellent, tender tuna on crisp taro crackers. I should have opted for the tuna poke bowl. The couple next to me (close enough for us to converse - none of us minded, but this is a small, close quarters experience) ordered it and it looked fantastic. The sea bass is everything every other review held it to be - buttery, rich with a deep soy, gingery, garlicky, lucious sauce in a small sake sized cup. I treated that sauce like gold. The dish came with haricots and soba noodles. I ate slowly to get the most out of every bite. The service was fast - maybe a tad too fast if you want to linger, but thfood makes every minute magic.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (597)

Reviewed August 9, 2019

We made a reservation for dinner at 9pm- we were seated right away. We were very impressed with the service- very friendly and attentive, our water glasses were never empty! The food was delicious, we had a special poke bowl appetizer and the sea bass and the wasabi noodles with steak- all were amazing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

It was a very nice idea to have lunch at The House. The food was fresh and delicious. The waitresses are really friendly and kind. I really recommend it to anyone who is looking to eat well in SF.

Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

We had Salmon rolls and scallops as starters, and Black Cod as main. If I could I would give this restaurant a rating of 6, as all of the above tasted marvelous. But book a table early, as it is a small restaurant and often fully booked.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

Came here with our friends from San Fran. Food was amazing!!! Best meal I’ve had. We shared fish and other entrees. Delicious.

Date of visit: July 2019