“A must do”

Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
London, United Kingdom
“A must do”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We went following the recommendations on trip advisor and were lucky to get a table as we hadn't booked.
The service was great and the food amazing. We had black cod as one of our mains and it was wonderful.
Great value for money if you like great tasting food
A relaxed atmosphere and a no rush feel made this a perfect evening out

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Very good fusion food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just off the noise of Columbus Ave, The House offers a wonderful non-Italian option to this neighborhood. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The BBQ oysters were a great starter - we considered ordering a second. I had a black cod dish that was beautifully presented and equally tasty. My partner had a very good garlic noodle and steak dish. The quality had been high enough to tempt us for dessert which was also quite good. The creme brulee with passionfruit puree especially. The service was very good. Phone ahead or be prepared to kill time in the neighborhood waiting.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California, United States
“If you're choosing between The House and Slanted Door, go to The House!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been eating at The House for five years now. Every dish that I've had was good; from the appetizers to the entrees there's no bad dish. My favorites; the Halibut is always cooked to perfection and I love love the wasabi noodles! I break my low carb intake for the noodles! Finish with the mango tapioca, light and refreshing after a big meal. Only negative feedback would be the wine list. I recommend bringing your own if you're a wine connoisseur and pay the corkage fee.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Frenchie G
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The House is small and tables are packed, but the food is really good. You come for the food, not for service or décor. You can't go wrong with the steak and noodles, salmon roll and sea bass. Make sure you call for reservations.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Wasabi Noodles = My New Best Friend”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've been living in the city for about 4 months and have been pretty excited to try all the amazing restaurants that SF has to offer....well you can add this place to the list of BEST in SF! We decided to treat ourselves so we started with a delicious Napa Cabernet Sauvignon (cant remember the name....expensive but delicious) and just wanted to get down to the basics and go straight for the entrees! I heard that the Wasabi Noodles w/ Flank Steak here was the dish to get so i already had my eyes set on this. My other friend ordered the same and his wife ordered the Sea Bass. Plates arrived nice and warm and the first bite.....i didnt want it to end! The noodles were cooked to perfection and the sauce had a great balance between sweet and spicy Wasabi. Definitely not a lingering spicy though so if you dont like spicy food you can still get this dish. The steak i found was a tad chewy but i did get it done medium so thats to be expected sometimes. I had the opportunity to try the Sea Bass and it was excellent as well. It was quite fishy but had a great Sauce that really balanced it out. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great Asian American restaurant in San Francisco!

DISCLAIMER: Make sure you get reservations ahead of time. Walk ins tend to either wait for long periods of time or get turned away. The restaurant can only house roughly 50 patrons at a time. I booked mine a week in advance.

• Visited February 2014