“Excellent food, good prices!”

Hunan Home's Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Great Falls, Montana
“Excellent food, good prices!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I ordered the succulent bread appetizer, prawns with honeyed walnuts, and the scallops à la Hunan. I highly recommend them all, although the scallops and prawns are more than enough for 2 people. I probably would not order the bread if I had known that it would be so much to eat. The prawns were wonderful. The scallops were spicy, but excellent. I think that we liked the scallops best. Be sure to get water, as the scallops are quite spicy.We would go to this restaurant again- the best Chinese food we have ever had!

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Kinver, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

With so many restaurants in China Town we decided to try Hunan Home's. We were not disappointed, the decor was dated but the food was fabulous, we had the set meal for 2 at around $20 each, soup, mixed starters and then 2 delicious main courses served with rice. All very tasty and very filling. The staff were friendly and attentive. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank vaso99
Manhattan Beach, CA
“it's ok”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I wasn't wowed with my food though it was recommended to us by a woman who comes to Chinatown regularly to shop. And the staff didn't seemed thrilled to have us there either. Perhaps we hit it on a bad day.

• Visited May 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was skeptical....not being a big fan of any China town that I have visited in the past.....my husband was determined to go to China town while we were in San Francisco.
After a lot of convincing and after I had checked numerous reviews on Trip advisor, I relinquished and we ended up at Hunan Home's.
Boy am I glad that we did....the food was fabulous. They serve some of the best Hot and Sour soup we have ever had. Both their pan fried dumplings and Steamed dumplings were fabulous. Their orange beef again was some of the best we have ever had.
The main waiter who served us was fabulous and hilarious. I wish we had gotten his name. He was a delight. The service was quick and extremely professional with numerous people serving our table which made for excellent service
Out of our two week Arizona, Grand Canyon, California Coast vacation.....our whole family ranked this restaurant as the best meal we had.
And to top it all off....they are extremely reasonably priced!!

• Visited June 2014
Newark, New Jersey
“THE BEST”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I reviewed many restaurants before travelling to SFO. Good thing I did because there are hundreds of Chinese restaurants in Chinatown. This one received a Zagat award and no wonder, the food was the best and service fantastic. HIGHLY recommend. Parking is 1/2 block down in a parking garage for $2/half hour, fantastic.

• Visited May 2014