“Best Chinese Food EVER!”

Hunan Home's Restaurant
Ranked #502 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Absolutely loved this restaurant! This was truly the best Chinese food I've ever had and the portion sizes were huge. The atmosphere is a little tight and the dining room a little noisy when I was there but the meal made up for all of that! Lot's to choose from…you won't be disappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We found this restaurant through Trip Advisor (thank you!) and had a terrific meal. The pot stickers are the best I have ever had - light, light dumpling wrapper, filling not too heavy, and the dipping sauce is made tableside. They had just the right amount of browning on the outside. The sizzling shrimp was delicious. I loved the orange slices that arrived with our check. The perfect ending. And the price is right, too!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

In town for business meeting. One of my friends wanted to eat in Chinatown. Having grown up out here, that was not where we went for best food, but I looked up reviews and decided to try this out. We had an excellent meal--very quick service and outstanding value. Many interesting choices especially among seafood. Lots of the clientele obviously local. A note for the heat-sensitive--the spicy dishes are fairly hot by American standards--my companion was at the upper limits of his tolerance.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The owner was so cheery for Chinatown. She yelled at her staff a lot but that's only to keep customers happy. It was raining, thunder, and lightening that day and as a I ducked in, I knew it was a good choice....locals were aplenty in the place! Traditional Chinese food and decor but a good value and good food.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Decided to give this spot a try based on the reviews. Have always eaten at another Chinatown restaurant around the corner but were disappointed last time we stopped. Hunan Home's was delicious; the restaurant was very clean; and the staff was accommodating and efficient! So happy to find a new favorite for our next trip.