“Lived up to the reviews”

Hunan Home's Restaurant
Ranked #142 of 5,741 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Claymont, Delaware
“Lived up to the reviews”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here due to Tripadvisor reviews. After hearing that some places in Chinatown were very loud and kind of dirty, we were pleased with Hunan Home's cosy atmosphere with linen table clothes and chandeliers. We went on the early side and no wait for a nice booth. Service was very prompt and attentive. Our Hot and Sour soup was delicious and plentiful for two people. We had BBQ pork and cabbage, an unusual dish for us, and the flavors were wonderful with sliced ham and large pieces of cabbage in a red sauce. We also had chicken with green peppers and onions, again delicious and plentiful. The check came with fortune cookies and orange slices. I would recommend this nice place with nice people!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
“Very good!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't say it was amazing but the food was very good. My husband says no better than any other Chinese food he has had, can't really argue his statement. I had beef and broccoli, the beef wasn't good but the broccoli and sauce were, the BBQ pork was delicious! He had Kung pao and said it was good but SO spicy!! The soup they gave in the beginning was like a bowl of grease, yuck!

Portland, Oregon
“excellent”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We order the hot and sour soup, mu shu chicken and vegetable chow mien. Every dish was superb. Very fresh tasting and the flavors were perfect. The service was outstanding. The server even rolled our mu shu for us with flair!

I will return here next time I am in China Town.

Seattle, Washington
“Follow the crowd!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for an old favorite of his but found this place packed. We were led to the back where it was incredibly loud. The service was quick and no frills. We picked the family b dinner and it was very good. The chicken was the best. If you can handle the noise, check this place out.

Hamburg, Germany
“Excellent quality and pleasing atmosphere”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Being a tourist is sometimes really difficult, especially when looking for a restaurant in China Town. So, I decided to check tripadvisor for some recommendations and somehow Hunan's Home caught my eye.

However, as I was in walking distance (as most other restaurants in China Town are) I decided to give it a try (and because I've got some not so good recommendations from the guys at the hotel the days before). And having dinner at there was one of my best experiences.

While the service initially seemed to be, well 'not friendly' ('hey you, table for one, come here'), it turned out at the end, that the staff was extrmely focused and keen to serve every customer quick and helpful.

And the quality of the starters (e. g. try the 'Barbecued Pork') as well as of the main courses (I was asking for a very hot meal and what I got was delicious and very hot!) was excellent. And despite the fact that the restaurant was extremely crowded, nobody was rushing me. Thus I had a very pleasant meal, in every aspect.

Best of all: the check was more than acceptable, thus the tip was generous. Go there and give it a try!

• Visited March 2013