“Best Chinese Food EVER!!!”

Hunan Home's Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Texas
“Best Chinese Food EVER!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had looked on Trip Advisor for a good Chinese place in Chinatown! We knew it was going to be good when we walked up because it was still packed with an hour before closing! The service was awesome and it came with a smile! The owner was really awesome! He helped at all tables and made sure his customers were happy! He has a great sense of humor and you can tell the work environment is awesome! Both my wife and I had the Orange Chicken and Sweet and Sour pork. The orange chicken melted in our mouth! The bread was so light and almost like it was flash fried! YUMMMMMY! The pork was just as good and the sauce was fantastic! Thank you Hunan! Your friends from Texas! YEEE HAAA!!

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Liverpool
“Authentic food, service was rushed a bit”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

visited early evening without booking and managed to get a table. Very popular, so on reflection I would recommend booking in advance.
Food was excellent, although they had ran out of scallops. this was a little disappointing given that it was only early evening.
We did feel an undercurrent that they were trying to move us on quickly, although not enough to make you feel uncomfortable.
On balance would visit again as the food made up for everything.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LiverpoolSteveJ
Sarasota, Florida
“Good, but certainly not excellent”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We wanted a slightly spicier meal know Chinatown and so chose Hunan House. We ordered the Potstickers with everyone rating them so highly. They were excellent. We chose 3 dishes. The best by far was the sizzling tofu. The chicken in garlic sauce was also quite good. Our server suggested shrimp with cashew. It had a sauce on the shrimp that almost tasted like mayonnaise. We couldn't even finish the dish. The fried rice was serviceable.Nothing amazing but enhanced the other entrees. It wasn't to too oily which is sometimes an issue with fried rice. With all of the choices in Chinatown I would likely not come back.

3 Thank SarasotaBill
Madison, Wisconsin
“So disappointing!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I'm in town for a conference and, based on trip adviser reviews, I decided to come for lunch. What a mistake!! I actually never write reviews for anything but this was so disappointing that I had to.

When ordering, I asked the server (an older gentleman) which was better: the chow mein or fried rice and he said I don't know and just looked impatient. I ordered the vegetable fried rice. It came out almost immediately but it was terrible! I took two bites and it tasted like nothing at all and there was almost no veggies in it. I seriously just looked and tasted like plain rice. I told the guy and he took it away AND THEN he took a few bites of it with his hand as he walked away toward the kitchen. Before reaching the kitchen, he turned around and brought it back to me saying that's what it was supposed to taste like because it was salty. He tried to hand it back to me (after eating out of it with his hands). I told him it was bad and I couldn't eat it and I asked to order something else. He indignantly brought me the menu. I then ordered the cashew prawns with veggies. That too came out pretty quickly. It was much better - edible at least - the prawns tasted fresh and the cashews were good but unbelievably nothing comes with rice an there was only celery as the veggie with it.

However, I gave it two stars instead of one because the second dish was better and I ate it. And because they only charged me for the prawn dish (I was legitimately concerned the server was going to charge me for both due to his attitude).

It seems many of the other reviews are from dinner. Maybe I should have come then....

1 Thank echynes
Charleston, WV
“Don't Know Why Anyone Would Reccomend This Place”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter lives close to San Francisco and loves China Town and Chinese food so we gave this place a try based on Tripadvisor. The food was terrible! We got there early to eat and the place was empty. By the time we left at 6:15 only one other customer had entered. The wontons were so crisp or should I say over done that I think they reused them from the night before and that was the best part of our meal.
The waiters rushed us through our meal and we were tried and hungry and would have liked to relax a little.

• Visited October 2012