“true tuscany italian”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed October 29, 2013

this place was recommended by our hotel concierge. we got there somewhat early for dinner and the line was outside the door. the restaurant is small. there is no privacy inside as there is a small dining area. it was a bit chilly but we asked for one of the three outside tables so we could be seated right away. we each ordered pasta and a glass of house chianti. my dish was to include asparagus, which they were out of but they gladly substituted broccoli. my husband's dish was to include anchovies but he just got a hint of them. other than those disappointments we enjoyed every minute of dinner. service was good -a bit on the slow side but understandable due to the crowd. bread and olive oil is provided right away. a line of diners was still waiting when we got our bill. we'll be back.

1  Thank Iowajeannie

Reviewed October 29, 2013

While staying in the Financial District we were lucky enough to stumble upon Pazzia Caffe for dinner. The atmosphere was cozy with a nice wine list, very friendly service and great Italian food. My husband and I split a salad, pizza and the lasagna. They were nice enough to individually plate the pasta and salad. Lasagna was creamy and noodles al dente. Perfect! I highly recommend this place. Price was right too!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant in the SOMO district is a hidden treasure. A small one-room restaurant that delivers fabulous food and great service. Don't be out off by the locale on a busy street. This is the best food ad a value too. Fun wine list, great owner.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal here on our final night in SF. Great food and nice atmosphere. Slightly out of the city centre but only 12 dollars in a cab from union sq. Our server was Italian and chatty, and on the whole he was very good except for the fact that I had to ask for the bill 3 times before it arrived! The food was delicious and I'd recommend.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

NOt rar from Moscone lies a lovely Florentine restaurant. I go there every year when in town for a conference and they never disappoint.. The Gnocchi melts in your mouth. I don't think I have everhad a disappointing bite here. Massimo, the owner is a character and always around for a laugh ( or a shot of Limoncello) . While they often are late seating folks (at least later than reservation time) the stmosphere and service more than make up for the wait.