“Great Italian food and service”

Pazzia Caffe and Trattoria
Ranked #274 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great small restaurant on 3rd Street. The Margarita pizza was very good.
The setting is a little small or I would have giving it five stars.
The service was also great.

I would recommend getting a reservation.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Last night in town for a work conference and we definitely saved the best for last! This gem was recommended by the hotel concierge and was within walking distance. We were given 2 menus, one of which contained the homemade pasta dishes. In my opinion, it's the only menu you need. My understanding is the owners are from Italy and have a sister restaurant back there. I had the lasagna, which kind if sounds boring. However, this lasagna was top notch. Instead of ricotta cheese, the lasagna was made with a white cream sauce. I nearly licked the plate. Finished the meal with an equally awesome homemade tiramisu. Visit this place, you will not regret it!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We found Pazzia on TA and our fellow reviewers were as reliable as ever. The food was truly excellent though we really didn't do the wonderful menu justice with our selections. The pizzas were delicious -- thin crust and mine was prosciutto and arugala. My wife had the mussels which she said were undoubtedly the best she ever had. The fresh bread brought to the table was house made, warm, fresh and delicious with a wonderful delicate olive oil dip. The wine list is small and the pinot grigio we had lacked much body but it went pretty well with simple Italian. It's probably the one area I'd look to improve. The service was top notch -- attentive without hovering and helpful in ordering. The atmosphere was festive even for a small place (probably 15 tables) -- it was pretty loud for a place its size but we had no complaint. We were in SF for a visit but would certainly return on future visits.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

When you visit Italy, you are often surprised at how personal the dining experience is. This experience can be found at Pazzia in San Francisco. Close to the Moscone Center it is convenient to get to. The food is delicious and simple and the service friendly. It is very reasonably priced as well.

This is not a place to linger after dinner though, as there is likely to be a crowd of people waiting for you to vacate your table.

1  Thank smiths22_11
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been to Pazzia several times and am happy to report that my dinner there this week was just as terrific as its been in the past. I really enjoy their Gorgonzola Thin Crust Pizza, and my husband enjoyed their mussels and putanesca. And, the tiramasu is terrific!