“You will talk about it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mama's on Washington Square
Ranked #35 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: Established in 1951. The family of Mama and Papa Sanchez, serves up traditional and innovative breakfast dishes in "Little Italy", the famous North Beach District in San Francisco. Across the street from the beautiful Washington Square Park, Mama's legions of fans line up early and throughout the day. We use the freshest of local products, imported Italian meats to fill our fluffy omelettes, homemade jam, fresh baked breads, pastries and other delectable dishes. We invite you to try our little restaurant and become part of the Mama's Family.
Toledo, Ohio
“You will talk about it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Yes sir I do not like waiting but after reading the reviews I thought I would stick this one out. Glad we did this was worth the wait. We walked from out hotel which was several blocks but I would do.it again. This place is very small so be ready to order when you arrive. This place is well ran and the food was great. So much to choose from.
When you leave this place. You will talk about it again

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Scotland
“My oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Well worth the 1 hour wait. This small restaurant is so good. Food was fantastic and could hardly move after it. Would thoughly recommend the Washington Omelette and the Kugelhopf. Delish ..... Staff were so good and coffee tops ups kept flowing. Standing in the queue outside watching the Tai Chi was good and sun was shining so very pleasant. Would recommend this place in a flash.

London, United Kingdom
“Mama's lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I turned up at Mama's around 10am and saw the long queue round the side of Mama's. We joined the queue and 1.5 hours later, we were shown to our seats. I ordered the Californian omelette, which had bacon, avocado and jack cheese and my husband ordered the Washington omelette - can't remember what's in it, think I tasted spicy italian sausage but it was delicious! We also shared a cranberry and orange french toast - I am salivating just thinking about that breakfast! We both loved everything and we went straight into a food coma afterwards but it was all worth it! The long wait and the food coma! Highly recommend that you try out Mama's!

Los Angeles, California
“The Go-To place for Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is THE place for breakfast in North Beach. Get there early though. We were there at 8:05 on a weekday & had a 5 min wait. There was a long line within moments. The staff is busy but friendly. We spoke to the owner/chef while waiting to order & his recommendations were right on. Try the homemade jam on anything. Scrumptious.

Visited February 2013
Citrus Springs, Fl
“Worth the hour wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were warned if you get there after 8:30 am you will wait at least 1 hr. and we did. So delicious and worth it. Very nice staff, fun atmosphere and delicious food. I had the sampler french toast with fresh fruit. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.