“Great meatballs!”

Trattoria Contadina
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Contadina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: Cable Car (Mason-Powell) line. Bus # 45, 41
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I went to Trattoria Contadina with my boss and a couple of customers. We had a reservation for 8:00, but showed up 45 minutes late as we'd been having fun in the city. We ordered drinks at the bar, vodka or gin with quinine and tonic, they were just great. We were seated with no problem, the service was fantastic, the food was fabulous. Great meatballs, the Snapper was excellent.

I'll certainly come here the next time I am in San Francisco.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The food is below average, pastas are floating in heavy sauces and have nothing to do with Italian food. Prices are as high as they get in San Francisco but the quality is really poor. Service is friendly and whine selection ok.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a nice place to eat. The place is a little small so reservations are a must. The menu is in Italian as well. This place was a recommendation, so I was expecting more...but I didn't get it.
The food was good and the wine selection was decent, but it was good.There was only one bathroom for everyone and it was a bit dated and too small. I think it was too expensive.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Small, old restaurent so reservations are highly recommended. Based on reviews and discussion with locals, thought this place would be great - however it did not live up to the hype. Roasted Pepper appetizer was fantastic, everything beyond that as good, not great. I am a bread junkie, and sad to report it was bland. Had the fish stew - generous portions with tons of a variety of fish in a tomatoe based broth - very good but then again not great. Got a side dish of pasta that I thought would give me a sense of their capabilties, but again it was good, not great.

They have a nice bar, other than that felt like I was eating in somebody's outdated kitchen. Others may consider that cozy, but it did not have enough charm for me.

With all the other great reviews/recommendations, I would definetly go back go check out again in hopes of a better experience that lives up to the hype.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a restaurant that everyone visiting San Francisco should try. The service was just superb. The food size and taste were perfect. The seating is a little tight but this has been forgotten once the service started.