“Food and service AMAZING!”

Trattoria Contadina
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Contadina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: Cable Car (Mason-Powell) line. Bus # 45, 41
“Food and service AMAZING!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. When we first walked in to this tiny corner place I was kind of worried since I brought friends and it was my pick! This place was amazing. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. Our waitress had a great personality. Our best dinner in San Francisco! It will be top on my list when we return. FYI make a reservation!!

Visited August 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Neighborhood spot”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This restaurant is right on a corner - in an easy to find spot. It's a small place - but they DO take reservations, which are definitely recommended. You can sit at the bar while you wait - but it only seats four people. The food is wonderful, the service quite good. Definitely make plans to stop by here if you're in the area.

• Visited August 2013
“I would go out of way to eat here”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We made a reservation to eat here before going to the Beach Blanket Babylon show. Location was one of the key decision points as we were looking for a place to eat that was within walking distance of the theater. We could not have made a better choice. What a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Our server this night was Nancy and she did a great job looking after all of our needs. We all enjoyed our meals and dessert was great as well. I would go out of way to eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Excellent Italian food in San Francisco”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Trattoria Contadina is a small neighborhood Italian restaurant located on the Powell-Mason cable car line. The dining room is what you would expect in a small neighborhood trattoria, but the food is not. It is far above what you might expect from its modest appearance. I had a delicious insalata Caprese made with tomatoes that tasted like real tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil and lightly drizzled in high quality Balsamic. For my entree I had their "signature dish", the Carlesimo pasta (rigatoncelli, pancetta, porcini mushrooms, peas, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy tomato cream sauce) and I have to say this dish was better than 90% of the entrees I had on a 10 day trip to Italy in 2012.

If you are looking for elegant dining, this is not it, but if you are looking for a excellent Italian meal in a simple, lively setting then you should consider Trattoria Contadina.

• Visited July 2013
LA, CA
“Perfect dinner for Two”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stumbled upon this place as we were walking around our adopted hometown on a long weekend visit. The atmosphere was great, the special drinks delicious, the food outstanding, just everything was right

• Visited December 2012