“Nice way to start the Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rickhouse

Rickhouse
Ranked #38 of 317 Nightlife in San Francisco
San Diego, California
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 330 helpful votes
“Nice way to start the Evening”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Overall as Bars go this one is pretty nice if you happen to be in the area. Drinks are tasty enough-the Menu makes them sound like blow your skirt up but in reality 3.5-4 star material. Ambiance is good and at one point recycled wood and industrial was "fresh" but hey it's clean, friendly, a good meet up spot
and the Staff is perfectly on theme right down to the steam locomotive arm action diluting your drink to perfection.

Visited July 2013

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Superior Cocktails, Amiable Staff”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Note: we went straight to the second bar, in the back.

I hate getting carded but the guy checking ID's at the door was wearing a fedora and three piece suit AND remember my girl and I having walked past the bar some few hours before (despite an outfit change).
That alone made me feel good.

The bar was packed in the front but we soon discovered a tiny alternate bar in the back with a few stools. The bartender (who's name I can't remember but he was in the circus for a bit!) was ideal. The drinks were mixed perfectly and the welcoming conversation just as high quality.

Let me mention that I have no problem paying $10+ for a well made drink and this was certainly that.

There was a mixed crowd but the strangers we met all seemed friendly. There was a dimly lit, wooden ambiance to the place that was warm and comfortable. If we didnt leave for dinner, I would have certainly stayed for a few more.

FYI - the drinks were certainly superior to where we ate.

Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great place to have a drink”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff is friendly and efficient here, even when the place is packed. The walls are lined with wine/whiskey barrels which is matched with great lighting to give the place a great feel, very comfortable. Well worth a visit for a drink after work or after dinner.

Visited June 2013
Bay Point, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A hipster paradise, and don't miss the Pimm's bowl”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

On a trip into the city last fall, a friend suggested Rickhouse. He had heard about the punch bowls, so we decided we needed to try one.

It was yummy and didn't last long between 6 people, so we quickly ordered another. While not too potent, the Pimm's bowl is definitely unique. My only complaint is that they freeze the fruit into solid blocks of ice. This makes it hard to get any fruit, and even harder to get all of the punch out of the bowl... Basically a square peg in a round hole

They have a great selection of whiskeys, and a nice ambience here

Rickhouse is a hipster paradise, though... It's certainly good for people watching, but not my crowd. The back room wasn't open when we arrived and the place was packed with people. We tried to sit upstairs, but no dice, all taken, so after some waiting around, they finally opened up the back room so we could actually get a drink. Our waitress was aloof and smelled like she hadn't showered in a while, and the bartenders were odd sorts, but friendly enough.

I might return here, if I was in the area and it wasn't crowded, to try some of the unique whiskey cocktail creations.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great bar in San Fran”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

On honeymoon we stumbled on this by accident. Great bar, great cocktails. Go if you are in the area.