Review Highlights
GREAT MORNING

Great 3 hours with Ryan Curtis on private tour of Mission district. Very interesting, very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Glenn H
Awesome

We recently went on a private walking tour of Chinatown with Ryan Curtis of Roamlocal. It was... read more

Reviewed November 22, 2017
Sejacurtis
Greenville, Rhode Island

All reviews knowledge chinatown tours information sights
Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

I went on the waterfront/telegraph hill tour with a local friends we were both impressed with our guides knowledge, energy, and enthusiasm. We explored some super intimate, hidden neighborhoods that I never would have expected to find in a city as urban as San Francisco.

Hats off to our guide, Ryan. He knew an absurd amount about SF history and culture! Im a tour guide in Portland, Oregon and let me tell you, Ryan takes it up a notch when it comes to insightful commentary on this fascinating city's historic roots.

Take one of his tours! If id been in town longer I would have taken every one he offers.

Keep up the good work and drop me a line if you come through Portland in the summer!

-Eric

1  Thank ErikD355
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ryan is an amazing tour guide with a superb mixture of knowledge, energy and an outgoing personality. I booked this tour for myself and our exchange student visiting from Spain.We got very lucky and were the only ones on the tour that day.

I lived in San Francisco (and surrounding area) for nearly 10 years and I even found this tour to be interesting, exciting and a fun way to see the city. We took the North Beach, Chinatown, and Russian Hill tour. I found the segment on Chinatown the most interesting and was completely comfortable seeing the ins and outs with Ryan's lead. His stories and use of his iPad, help paint and accurate picture of the past and present.

I would recommend this to anyone visiting from out of town or if you're local and would like to learn more about your area. It's worth the time and the money. Book now!

Tip: Bring a small water, snack and wear comfy shoes.

1  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Due to my compulsive planning for all of our family vacations, I was determined to find a small group walking tour for our short time in San Francisco. I had several requirements, including not starting too early since we were arriving very late the night before. I finally found Ryan with Roam Local through TA, and I am so glad for all the reviews. Our group of 4 included me, my husband, and our 23 and 18 year old sons. All of us had an amazing time. He is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and provides a detailed tour with limited time. We did the Chinatown, Russian Hill and North Beach tour which is exactly what I wanted. We even went back that evening to see the lights on Bay Bridge from the Russian Hill spot Ryan pointed out. Ryan was also injured with a broken rib, but that did not stop him. He was very understanding with my 23 year old always lagging behind since he loves to take pics, and he answered all of our questions with knowledge and detail. He even showed us pictures from his Ipad which we thought was a nice extra bonus. We loved every minute of the tour and I would highly recommend Ryan and Roam Local. If all tour guides were this nice and knowledgeable I would be one happy traveler.

2  Thank tyspritey
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ryan was the tour guide for Roam Local and it was his enthusiasm and knowledge that made our tour of Russian Hill, Chinatown and North Beach really special.

We have been on walking tours in almost every major city in the United States, and some foreign cities as well, and this was by far the best one!

We live in the Bay Area, so now that we know how great his tours are, we have spoken to Ryan about custom tailoring a tour for us for some visitors with special needs. Turns out that Ryan does provide various private tours including vehicle based tours.

I highly recommend you consider a walking tour with Roam Local as this is a great way to see, hear and experience San Francisco and certainly sites that you would not find on your own.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Ryan did an amazing job as our guide on this walking tour through Chinatown, Russian Hill and North Beach. Tough we've been to San Francisco several times already we saw new places, discovered new gems and learned a great deal about the places we visited. Ryan is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic so he has a lot of stories and facts to share with you along the way. The route for this tour is very well chosen and takes you to great places. It's an extraordinary tour with an excellent guide! If you want to explore San Francisco by foot in a small private group with a really nice guide then this is the tour for you! I can highly recommend it! We loved it and had a great time! Thanks, Ryan!