“Loved every bite!”

Ranked #624 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Three of us went here and enjoyed a large appetizer sampler, 3 entrees ,bottle of wine and dessert, and with the tip all of it came under $100. The atmosphere is cozy and the neighborhood is wonderfully San Francisco

Reviewed May 19, 2013

La Mediterranee is a little joint on Filmore street. Went for dinner on Friday night and was immediately seated. Service is very relaxed and courteous. Started with the Armenian salad which was rather bland as we could not figure out what the tasteless pink dressing was. The hummous was creamy and delicious with strong hints of cumin. Pita bread warm and good. The fillo rolls that we sampled were ok but not great: spinach, cheese, chicken and ground beef , the latter drenched in tomato sauce. The best one was the chicken which had cinnamon and currents, and was sprinkled with powdered sugar, actually a quite interesting combination of flavours.
The mint tea was already sweetened.
All in all a pleasant experience if you are not familiar with real Armenian cuisine.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had the Moussaka! and a spicy soup - both superb and interesting. The atmosphere is wonderful, bright, interesting. I love this place & would eat here again in a heartbeat - hope to come back someday.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I ordered the Mediterranean Meza, which was $16.95 per person. Not bad considering how much food you get to try. It included hummus, baba ganoush, tabuleh, Armenian potato salad, dolma grape leaves, levant sandwiches, lamb lule, chicken cilicia fillo, spinach & feta fillo, chicken pomegranate, and rice pilaf. The food was pretty good. I liked the ambiance of the restaurant, we ate at a cute little spot right inside the front door, but tucked off to the side, so that it didn't really feel like "right inside the door."

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stumbled across this wee gem and took a punt! Paid dividends 10 fold!! Didn't really know what to expect until I decided to Tripadvisor the place when we were seated!! And looky looky I found a goody! It's a very quaint dinning room, quite intimate yet casual and fun. We ordered the House Tasting platter? Can't remember exact name but its a sampler of all the most famous dishes of the restaurant. FANTASTIC CHOICE FOR TWO. If I had my time over; I wouldn't of been so polite and licked the plates between rounds.. Highlight - Creme Brûlée. Host recommended it and I'm not really a cold desert person but it was magic! Next time I'm in San Fran, to coin a phrase; I'll be back!