“Great Breakfast Spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Squat and Gobble Cafe

Squat and Gobble Cafe
237 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA 94117-3536 (Haight-Ashbury)
(415) 487-0551
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #266 of 5,308 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
telluride, colorado
“Great Breakfast Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Enjoyed a late breakfast here while visiting family in San Francisco. The generous portions made cleaning the plate difficult but you really wanted to as everything was so delicious!

• Visited May 2013

San Francisco, California
“Nutritious and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I ordered "Prawn & Giant Shanghai Noodles in broth" at Squat and Gobble the other day. It was a huge bowl of Shanghai greens, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, bell pepper, bean sprouts, cabbage, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, spinach, carrots, lemongrass, coconut oil and home-made noodles! So nutritious and delicious - superior in quality as well as humongous in quantity - I asked for two containers to bring the leftover home and enjoyed to the last drop!

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio
“Fabulous for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I fell into this restaurant making our way to the Presidio, as it is away from central San Francisco. I had the french toast, which was fabulous with homemade whipped cream and strawberries. My husband had some kind of omelette with rosemary potatoes, that were wonderful. Presentation was beautiful. It was a clean, nice place for breakfast. Staff was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction for our planned excursion. Will definitely go back here on our next trip to San Francisco.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Crepes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had quite an enjoyable "breakfast at lunch" here. You see, I'm not one for breakfast, as I'm usually sleeping through it. So it's usually a quick cereal for me in the "morning" as I'm not a huge fan of eggs.
I love crepes. And Crepevine, I mean Squat and Gobble is good. I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Crepevine crepe and a Squat and Gobble crepe. But in this case, it's a good thing.

I ordered the Italian and when it came, I was starving. I started on the potatoes. Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside seasoned with rosemary. I moved on to the crepe and man was this huge. The chef didn't skimp on the sausage or the cheese. Cheese lovers, this is your calling.

My friend had the Salmon Fettuccine. I'm normally not a big fan of capers but the dish was so creamy and savory, I couldn't resist. However, their garlic bread was under seasoned.

I'd definitely come back to try some sweet crepes.

Generous portions. Quality and Quantity

• Visited August 2013
Modesto
“Really good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very good food with reasonable prices and lots of choices. When you walk in, get in line and order. Take a seat, and they will bring out your food when it's ready. Everyone is friendly and helpful, It's been about two months since we were there, and my bad memory won't let me remember what the four of us ordered. But I can tell you, everything was delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2013