“Brunch before a show.”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Intermission
Cross street: Gough
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Absinthe is always on point! The food is outstanding and perfectly prepared every time. My favorite is the Duck Confit Ragout on crispy potato cakes with a perfect Bernaise sauce. The cheese platter is so delicious. The Ricotta-stuffed French toast is always a hit with my children. The service is friendly and efficient. The Croque Monsieur is yummy too.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (595)

Reviewed November 12, 2016

After a wedding at the San Francisco Courthouse, we were looking for a place to celebrate and we found it! Walking distance from the courthouse, this was a wonderful restaurant with great options for a light meal or more. Both the Absinthe drinks we tried were delicious and the food was just what we were looking for. The menu was diverse enough to please those in our group who wanted a delicious burger and others who were looking for unique salad choices. The goat cheese appetizer was excellent.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 9, 2016

I was a speaker at a small dinner meeting in a side room for such affairs. Great location, excellent service and food. I look forward to going back to the main restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

We went because I was craving french onion soup, and it didn't disappoint...
very nice low lighting , and the service was good and efficient, nice intimate bar,
not noisy...good bistro food in elegant surroundings

Reviewed October 22, 2016

I hadn't been to Absinthe in years. In the early days of this place we would meet friends here for cocktails. It seems like it was way before or certainly in the very early onset of the craft cocktail movement. We were walk ins and a party of three, so we did not receive the best table or service, but it was fine... The cocktails did not disappoint. I had the one with blackberry, but frankly every concoction on the specialty drink menu sounded fabulous. I believe the cocktails are about $12. We enjoyed some appetizers with our drinks. Steak tartare and Foi Gras were chosen by my party. These are dishes I would not have personally selected but they were definitely prepared perfect. I had the monkfish which was a small but hearty and filling dish. I actually ordered it because trumpet mushrooms were listed, but they played a very minor role in the dish. My husband had the salmon which looked just alright. His boss had the duck, which he had to send back; he said there was nothing right about it. Definitely I would return, probably with a reservation. I think it is a great San Francisco restaurant to experience.