“Amazing food, drinks, service and ambiance.”
Review of Fresca

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
Cross street: California
Description: Only at Fresca will you find A Nouveau Peruvian Cuisine, a modernized style of Peruvian food crafted by Chef Jose Calvo-Perez, son of Julio and Zoila. We are proud to feature both traditional and A Nouveau Culinary styles in modernized presentations. We keep the Peruvian cuisine alive by keeping all traditional Peruvian ingredients and incorporating them into all our creations. Stop in and become a regular! Lot's of fun things going on here at Fresca and we want you to be a part of it. We have introduced a new weekend brunch menu and we are creating some new Happy Hour menus that will feature some of our fantastic wines and savory appetizers! Yum! Stop by and meet our new General Manager, Tony Rasmussen and welcome back our Chef, Manuel Rodriguez along with the rest of the team that makes Fresca on Fillmore a fabulous place to dine. Cheers!
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

After stumbling upon Fresca almost 6 years ago while walking hungrily down Fillmore I eagerly look forward to revisiting every time I return to San Francisco. This quaint, high energy restaurant with incredible food and drinks is a must for those who enjoy great food, drinks and service. Cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stopped in before going to the movies across the street. They were super speedy and the dishes were fabulous. We ordered several ceviche dishes and they were all excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place was perfect from start to finish - the mixto ceviche was terrific, followed by freshly prepared plantains, then onto the salmon and ravioli and sea bass dishes, topped off with the best tres leches dessert we have ever had. Excellent service. It is a bit out of the center of SF, but in a great neighborhood and worth the trip!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My first visit to San Francisco combined business and pleasure. The pleasure was visiting a dear friend over my birthday weekend. She and her family had recently moved to the city center of SF from western Michigan. My friend and I snuck away from the family to celebrate my birthday at Fresca. It had been recommended to her by work colleagues. The atmosphere was typically city-close, but cozy - not crowded. Our server was well-versed in Peruvian cuisine and was so helpful in recommending three fabulous options for our ceviche starters. Presentation was gourmet-beautiful and was second only to the taste. Our entrees were exceptional. All in all a terrific birthday dinner! The only downside was our table location which was close to the main entrance. If you can snag a table a bit farther into the room, this won't distract from the experience. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had first discovered Fresca on Fillmore the Summer of 2009 and had dinner there a few times with friends during a 10-day visit. I've just returned to San Francisco this July and enjoyed it once again, this time with my daughter, her husband, and her step-sister. We were all happy with every dish on the menu we had that evening and with the wine we ordered.

The service was a bit slow and there must be something wrong with the acoustics, as the place is invariably loud and that makes it difficult to have a conversation.

However, as my visit this time lasted 5 days, I made a point to return to Fresca to try out other dishes, all of them tasty and carefully prepared with top ingredients.

Definitely can recommend it and will undoubtedly return on my next stop.