“Delicious! ”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

If you are a meat lover, this is the place for you. From roasted chicken to corned beef, Tommy's offers platters, sandwiches, and lots of flavor. The portion sizes are huge and the prices are low. I highly recommend this local gem to any one visiting San Francisco.

1  Thank JFultoniii

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had an enjoyable evening at this historic eaterie. We wr told to pay it a visit by a tour guide. Food was good and fairly priced. Glad we went and didn't bypass it. Would defo suggest other travellers visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I didn't like the atmosphere, the alleged sports bar with TV coverage but no sound, and it's allowance of dogs which should be against San Francisco public health codes for restaurants.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Smells incredible as you walk in the door, Staff super friendly, you don´t know what to order, everything looks and smells amazing, I had the pastrami sandwich with a side of potato salad (mouth waters just thinking about it), My hubby and son had the brisket sandwich I think, can´t remember exactly because I was drooling over my meal. Great food at a good price. This Is by far one of my favorite sandwich places in the world.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The reason being that this place is worth the wait, particularly as it was Thanksgiving when I visited.

Enjoyed a beer as we waited and just watching the staff in action within Tommy's Joynt was a sight to behold with Turkey, Roast and Pastrami being sliced and dealt to a seemingly never ending number of hungry folks, the line went through the restaurant and way out the back door!

My pastrami sandwich came with accompaniments and was divine, not the thin slices of meat served elsewhere, this was chunky, juicy and hot, try it with the horseradish!

With an excellent beer selection to boot, what's not to like? It's easy to see why this place has gained legendary status and you can see the staff word hard to maintain that.