“Great for dinner or appetizers”
Review of Florio

Florio
Reserve with OpenTable
Florio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,189 of 5,775 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Pine & Bush
Transit: Muni: #22 Fillmore, #1 California, #3 Jackson, #38 Geary
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I met a friend here for appetizers - we shared the toasted almonds with sage and the castelventrano olives and drinks. I had the Fillmore nouveau Cocktail ($11)
(wild turkey rye, house made ginger syrup, orange bitters) which was perfect and she had the silvertap sauvignon blanc 2012 “woods vineyard,” estate, dry creek valley which is their house wine and very good value. Not inexpensive but very classy.

There are newer reviews for Florio

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is one of my very favorite restaurants in San Francisco. If I could, I would have dinner there every night.

It has a New York vibe to it; cozy and intimate. I sat at the bar for dinner and made immediate friends.

The food....I loved their chicken; a speciality. Great wine list too. I'll be back soon...for sure.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had dinner with a friend who lives in the area while visiting. We stayed for a couple of hours. Great place to hang out and talk. Food and service was very good. Nice variety of appetizers and entrees. I would return if I have the opportunity.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went in late afternoon for drinks while waiting for a friend. Got a table outside. Lots of activity on Fillmore st. Drinks were fine, wait staff was great.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate at Florio with my daughter and my sister and her family during a recent stay in San Francisco. We had all just arrived in the city, my sister's family from London UK, so everyone was tired. We arrived at Florio at about 6:00, and they seated us at a window table although there was a reservation for the table at 7 pm. The waiter was accomodating and the service very professional. Food was very good. My sister and I split a salad to start, which they nicely brought on two plates. I had an unusual corn & ricotta ravioli with mascarpone and blackberry drizzle for the main course; the flavor was good but it could have used a bit more sauce. Desserts were delicious. The restaurant also accomodated a shared dinner (also split on two plates) and a picky 9-year old who only wanted spaghetti with butter. Would definitely try again.