“Delicious Breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were staying at the Casa Loma Hotel, and discovered Kate's on our third day. The interior is very cute, small and with a lot of wood. We had a modest egg sandwich on a hamburger bun with fries. I say modest, considering the guy behind us was working his way through an enormous mountain of food. Be sure to take a fresh fruit juice! The coffee wasn't great, but we didn't really care. The waitress was correct, but it seemed like she had a bit of an off day.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We visited this restaurant/cafe probably 3-4 times during out 5 day stay in San Francisco! Although I love trying new places to eat, I kept wanting to revisit Kate's Kitchen because of it's unique menu - Definitely try the French Toast Orgy... it was too much to eat for two people!! So very filling, and healthy with all the oats.

On another day, we could not finish the 4 stack of pancakes we ordered for the two of us...it was cornmeal pancakes, and deliciously stacked with Strawberries and bananas.

Friendly staff, it seemed like it was a favourite for locals! I liked the huge mural on the wall too...very SF-esque in total.

Definitely visit for some great great brekky foods if you are in the Haight-area!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

When I lived in Duboce Triangle, I used to frequent this place because of their pancakes because they were the best I ever tasted. When I visited in Sept. 2011, the flap jacks tasted better than ever. They definitely do not skimp on any ingredients and the servings can keep you going all day. Try to come before 9:30AM (earlier on weekends) for there will be a wait list at the door. Very popular with the locals. I always ask for an extra portion of maple syrups. Also, the corn bread puffs(?) are also quite delicious. Can't wait for October/November when the Pumpkin Pancakes will be served. I think I will plan another visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

On a recent trip to San Fran, we found Kate's Kitchen. Our breakfast was so delicious, we decided to return a second time before we left. The corned beef hash is homemade and is the best I ever had!! Great fresh squeezed juices and yummy pancakes. Our server Irene deserves a special mention.....she is very outgoing and a great asset to the restaurant. We will definitely return on our next visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

This place was recommended to us in a San Fran guide book so we tried it. We caught a taxi here. Be prepared to wait for a table, they are very popular. They do fit you in tight but not too tight and it adds to the feel of the place.

Plenty of choice but watch the portions, they are massive! Me and my boyfriend ordered one corn beef hash between us and it was plenty. My Mum just wanted toast, not on the menu, and they sorted it. My Mum said the fruit jam was amazing, and she is fussy! My Dad jet about managed a breakfast. The orange juice is lovely, freshly squeezed.

We liked this place and would recommend it