“Reliably Good with Changing Menu”

Soluna Cafe and Lounge
Ranked #2,307 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Civic Center
Cross street: Larkin
Transit: Public Transit Stops: Civic Center Bart & Muni Stations - 2 blocks MUNI 5 Fulton - .5 blocks 19 Polk - .5 blocks 47 Van Ness - 2 blocks 49 Mission/Van Ness - 2 blocks Golden Gate Transit - .5 blocks
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I used to work near this restaurant and I have continued to go there when in the area. It is a very reliable restaurant with a somewhat limited menu that changes from time to time. It is not a gourmet restaurant but the food is definitely upscale and well prepared, and even sometimes original. It is neither fancy nor expensive. The service is usually quite good. It is quiet enough to be able to enjoy conversation with your dining compansions.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a morning at the nearby Asian Art Museum, a friend and I stopped by Soluna for lunch. We have eaten lunch there several times over the years and the food remains consistently very good. The menu is interesting with various salads, burgers, soups, sandwiches and pastas. My civic burger was piled high with goodies -- crisp onions, brie and lettuce. Bacon and an egg could be added if you wanted. It was beautifully presented and enough for two. My friend had a Thai chicken salad which looked delicious . She found it so. Soluna is near City Hall, the courthouse and many business. It draws a good lunch crowd. Service is excellent.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn nextdoor to the restaurant and they had a deal of buy one drink and get one free if you stay at the hotel. I ate there a few times on my visit. good burger and fries. Ask for the Aioli sauce for the fries!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

the waitress was rude and for the hour we were there she came by our table twice. we asked for bread and never got it. when we could get her attention to fill our water glass she told us we had to wait. if that wasn't enough, the food was marginal.

1  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were treated to excellent service and wonderful food before an evening at the San Francisco ballet three blocks away. Parking was easy at the McCallister underground parking across the street. We started with the Manila clams appetizer with freshly baked bread. Bread is served upon request - so make sure to ask for it! I had the superb pork loin with crispy brussel sprouts over butternut rissoto. My daughter had the burger on brioche with brie cheese which was a delicious gourmet burger. Our server's recommendations for wine and menu selection were perfect and we finished well in time for the show.