“A Haight Ashbury gem...”
Review of Pork Store Cafe

Pork Store Cafe
Ranked #415 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I were exploring this interesting area when we came across the Pork Store. The place was bustling with a dozen or so people waiting outside. We went in to ask about the wait and were immediately seated. Apparently the people outside were waiting for take out so don't be put off. See if you can sit at the counter so you can watch the cooks in action - the speed at which they move is awesome. The food is tasty & honest, the price good and the staff friendly. We'd make this our local cafe if we lived in the area.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is one of the best breakfast spots I have ever been to. The portions are huge. The food is hot and fresh. There is a wide variety on the menu. They have fresh biscuits and gravy, enormous omelettes, grits, pancakes, vegan dishesh, vegetarian dishes, you name it. This is definitely our favorite breakfast spot in SF. The service and prices are great.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a delicious breakfast at the Pork Store Cafe. I was a little worried since I don't eat meat, but the name of the place only connotes its history. The food was excellent and we enjoyed being in the now more upscale Haight Ashbury. A very nice experience. But yes, the bathroom is funky.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I think these guys have good friends with enough time to tell lies about this place. We were walking up n down haight st and were glad to see in trip advisor there was supposed to be a good fast food restaurant in the nearby. When we arrived, there were a couple of customers leaving the place and I saw the waitress realizing they had forgotten the camera but... She did nothing! We had to go for them while she was not caring.... The food was dreadful... And when I tried to upgrade my horrible fries with a little bit of mustard... It was off!!! The same girl gave us more mustard... It was also off!!! The place is dirty, the bathroom is a pig farm... The name of the place could not been more appropriate. This is a pure pork (pig) store! Faithfully yours, Catalina Hoyos from Colombia

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm not even going to write a review. Just go there. It's amazing. Breakfast was amazing, the history behind the name of the cafe is amazing (if those walls could talk and tell us about what has gone on over the years!), the service was great, watching the two chefs make breakfast and hold a conversation is impressive.... You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Jes S