“Excellent!”

Neighborhood: SoMa
USA
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm from another state and wanted to treat my Mom and her friends to high tea at Dartealing after reading the mostly positive reviews on this place from another rating site. The lady who handled my phone reservation was very nice, patient, and was very accomodating of some special needs. I was totally comfortable and knew right away I made the right choice. To my surprise when my party of six arrived, we were the only ones in the restaurant on a Saturday mid afternoon which would be peak time for high tea! The emptiness took away a bit of the atmosphere, but the place is very lovely shabby chic, and perfect for what I had in mind. On the plus side, our food was waiting for us becuase I pre-ordered, and our tea was served promoty after we made our selections. Since we had the place to ourselves, we were able to take pictures around the other cute table settings. Some customers did arrive later on.

If Dartealing was located at Union Square, I'm sure it will be packed every day that it's open! We need more tea lounges like Dartealing in San Franciisco!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lhaz

Tracy, California
“A Lovely Spot”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This past weekend a dear friend and I sat down to tea at DarTealing. We had to wait for a table as a large group delayed their departure but it was worth the wait. Our patience was even rewarded with additional tea sandwiches at no charge.
The place is small but does not lack in charm or antique glassware. The Parisian Earl Grey was delicious, as was everything we ate. We will definitely visit again.

• Visited September 2012