“Tourist trap not good”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had been staying off the tourist trap but didn't here and what a mistake. We had two pizzas and they were not good. Lacked any flavour at all. We ordered one type of beer and ended up with something else. Stay away find better places in North Beach

1  Thank RuthCarney-Nash

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I got the eggplant parm. They were very generous with the amount. It wasn't the best I have ever had, but certainly not the worst. The service was kind of annoying. I kept waiting for my check, then had ordered something to go and kept waiting for that check. I finally went up to the counter. Otherwise it was ok. The delivery of food wasn't too slow either.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were kick'n around Pier 39 in San Francisco and for lunch we deceded on Bubba Gump's. At the top of the stairs there was Bubba Gump's and Luigi's Pizza and for some reason we detoured to Luigi's.. I wish we hadn't.

I write a fair number of reviews and I try to highlight the positives, but...

Upon entering we saw some empty tables against the windows facing the bay so we asked the hostess if we could have one of those because they have a nice view. The young lady let out a big dramatic sigh and said, I guess, then led us over to a table, plopped the menus down, and walked off. As we scooted onto the booth-seats we noticed the table had not been cleaned because it was all greasy and wet. I felt sure the hostess would come right back and wipe it down, but no, she was satisfied to sit right down on her stool at the front door and chat it up with another employee. We used up our napkins cleaning off the table.

Ok, a lazy hostess and a dirty table does not ruin a good pizza lunch, right?

So we order the deep-fried calamari and garlic cheesy bread apptizers ( I can feel my arteries clogging as I type this) and two small pizzas from our very nice & pleasant waitress. Not much time passes and here comes the deep-fried calamari but instead of cocktail sauce or tarter sauce it came with marinara pasta sauce (???). I asked one of the waitstaff if we could have some tarter or cocktail sauce ans they said that's all that's available. Well, we ate some, and the calamari itself was ok, but without the traditional sauces it didn't seem right.
The cheesy garlic bread,,, was just warm bread, pretty oily and a little bit of parmesean sprinkled on top.

About a minute after the apetizer came, the pizzas arrived (no room whatsoever on the table, she just stood there holding the pizza and looking at us like, "well, you going to make room or what??)

Ok, we're still hungry for the good pizza lunch we came in for...

At first look, the pizzas looked great, smelled great too. Then we all took our bites and said the same thing, "theres no pizza sauce"... There was a minute (almost nonexistant) amount of red sauce lightly spread on the crust, we could see it, but almost nothing really.

Our order:
3 Cokes @ $3.25 each ($9.75 for 3 soft drinks???)
1 Ginnes beer $7
Pizzas, 1 @ $20 and one @$16
Calamari @ $10
Oily bread @$9
All $80 bucks plus tip

We had a good laugh that somebody must be very confused in the kitched since there's pizza sauce for the deep-fried calamary but none on the pizzas!!! What a joke!

We all agreed that Bubba Gump's probably would have been a better choice.

2  Thank Danny_OI812
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We decided to try the restaurant as a second choice as the other was busy and this one was not. the restarant was cold and uninviting we ordered our meal and they only brought two sets of cutlery when there were 3 meals ordered. The meal was very average in comparison to other restaurants and was not very tasty. The glass wear was plastic with huge chips out of the rim. we asked for them to be changed which was not met with much enthusiasm. not somewhere would try again unless big changes happened

1  Thank happy_to_be_on_hol
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to eat here because my son wanted pizza and it was close. Service was fair. Waiter seemed quite flustered. We ordered pizza. It was slow service and when our order came it looked okay. After eating a couple of slices, my son told my husband to stop eating because he saw a hair on the slice of pizza he picked up. Sure enough, there was a hair baked into our pizza. They took the price of the pizza off our bill after we brought the problem to their attention. It didn't make us feel better and we wont be back.