“Great Thai Chicken Salad”
Review of Cafe La Taza - CLOSED

Cuisines: Latin, Cafe
Neighborhood: The Castro
Neighborhood: The Castro
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Loved the Thai Chicken Salad so much that I went back to have it the next day. Grace, Maria, and Delia are so lovely and care about their customers. I love this cafe :o)

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend here for breakfast one day and returned with my husband and son for brunch the next. The service was fast and friendly. The diverse menu had a great selection of items for all meals. The atmosphere was casual and energetic. The coffee was fantastic. We ate out on the 3rd floor patio area, although a coffee shop exists on the first floor. Next time we visit San Francisco, we will definitely return here.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

When we first walked in for breakfast and I saw old looking pastries hanging out in the glass under the register I wasn't really sure about this place. We went up the 3rd floor for sit down service. The coffee was very strong which I like. And the food was very good! I got the classic breakfast burrito but subbed the tortilla for toast. We also all split the blueberry lemon pancakes which we were fighting over as it got down to the last bite. The only thing I didn't like was the portion size, it was so much food! Service was decent. She took our order and then said something about "oh that's a lot to remember" ...well then write it down. But she got it right and the food was good :)

1  Thank jrleary423
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this gem searching for a less crowded quality breakfast place in the Castro.

Cafe/Lounge area for coffee patrons on the first two floors. Restaurant seating is up on the third floor - indoor/outdoor porch has excellent views of the Castro and surrounding neighborhood. Relaxed and not crowded.

Latin breakfast menu. We had the fresh squeezed OJ and bottomless mimosa (which also used the fresh squeeze OJ) were Excellent. As other reviews have said, the omlettes and scrambles are very tasty. Well seasoned and nicely sized. A good value for the quality of the food. Minus the bottomless mimosa - $15 a person for a good sized breakfast

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We checked Into our hotel at the Donatello around noon and I asked the staff of a good cafe for lunch , as there is so many to choice from . He said cafe la Taza is where we all eat and get our coffee it's the best , and its literally about 4 doors down on post .
I like eating where the locals eat it tells me the food and service is better than average and better than most . This was certainly the case with this place .
The cafe service was prompt friendly and easy . Prices are very reasonable and serves are large and the food is fresh fast and delicious
We could not fault this cafe and although it might sound boring to some other travellers it was so good it became so convenient for us to eat all our breakfast and late lunches heat
Within a city with so much to offer when you get on a winner you stick to it

We found it very easy to walk out our hotel get our latte and take away breakfast sandwich to go and head out for our tours etc . Upon coming back into the city In the afternoon tired and hungry we would pop In for a delicious sit down lunch

Go to this cafe on your first day you won't regret it and I'm sure it won't be your last visit to this place