“Great little place to stay”
Review of Seaside Inn

and 1 more site!
Seaside Inn
Ranked #11 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great value for the money, especially for the location. We stayed four nights and we were not disappointed in any way. The rooms are small, but everything is very clean and new. It was perfect for us since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room and we could walk everywhere. We didn't even need to rent a car to get to Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf and pier 33 for Alcatraz tour. If you don't like walking a lot though you might want to spend more money and rent a car, but the parking is limited so we just walked or rode the trolley and public transportation. Take a shuttle from the airport to Seaside Inn and you will be set. We also did two tours through Extranomical and they picked us up right in front of the hotel . The best part of Seaside Inn were the beds and bedding! So comfy and cozy! I usually don't sleep well at hotels, but I slept like a baby. Ask for a room further toward the back though if you need quiet to sleep, because the road noise can get a bit obnoxious. but hey, its the heart of San Francisco, so its to be expected. The walls are a bit thin.....and you can hear noisy neighbors, so also keep that in mind =] We would definitely stay at Seaside Inn again!

Room Tip: Top floor toward back to avoid road noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dee H

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was a little skeptical at first because I couldn’t find a website to this motel and the phone number was listed under San Francisco Motor Inn. Fortunately, we were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a room with one king bed. There was a sofa, desk, dresser, flat screen TV, two nightstands, micro, and refrigerator. You can tell they've just remodeled this motel. Very comfortable and contemporary rooms. I thought there was more than enough room inside. The front desk receptionist was very nice and gave us lots of good information. She sold us bus tickets, reserved a shuttle to the airport, and gave us directions on how to get from point A to B. My husband and I thought the location was great. Everything seemed to be within walking distance, including the trolleys, the crooked street, and the piers. While pastries and coffee are offered every morning, a short walk down the street took us to cafe golo which serves a good breakfast. Plenty of food at the Piers for lunch and dinner. If you're tired of walking, it was a $6 cab ride back to the motel. The only thing I didn’t like was that the walls are a bit thin, but nothing we couldn’t deal with.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second floor. We had a room on the first floor and could easily hear people walki...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the edge of Cow Hollow, and the Marina district, Seaside Inn has clean nicely decorated motel rooms, with limited first-come-first-served parking. The rooms are very small, and you have to squeeze around the beds to get to the bathroom. There is a tiny space to hang clothes and a compact bathroom. Near to the motel is a petrol station (with a very small shop), a launderette, and a Chinese takeaway. There’s not much else in easy walking distance around. However, there is a good bus line to Fisherman’s wharf and north beach. Bus takes about 10 mins to Fisherman’s wharf, and about 20 mins to North Beach. We are both walkers, BUT it is a fair old walk to Fisherman’s wharf (a 40 minutes stroll). We got taxi’s for our night’s out. Interestingly a taxi driver asked my husband ‘why do you Englishmen take your ladies to stay in such dumps’. I wouldn't say that seaside Inn is a dump, it is clean, newly refurbished with very nice linens and curtains, however for SFO it is cheap – SFO is so expensive.
I probably wouldn't stay here again, it is very clean (but small) and it is fine. In fact if it were nearer to North Beach or Fisherman’s wharf I would stay here again. As it is because of its location, we spent a lot of our holiday walking to and from the motel (which I would rather have spent doing other things). Next time I will stay nearer to a livelier neighbourhood.

1  Thank tompel
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

If you are coming to San Francisco and need to have a car, this is a fantastic option because it has free parking and is located in a good neighborhood for accessing all parts of the city.

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful and it is kept immaculately clean.

The building does not have interesting architecture - it is a traditional 2 story motel - but the rooms have been remodeled and updated, truly making the most of the space and making for a comfortable stay.

Free wifi, in-room refrigerator and microwave, continental breakfast are all nice amenities that show they are trying hard.

Located in the Marina neighborhood, it is pretty quiet but with some good restaurants and shopping nearby. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as Lombard street is very busy.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was a bit unsure when booking this hotel a few months ago as it was clearly very new & was not even recognised on trip advisor at the time; a few reviews on the booking website were so complimentary as to be almost unbelievable. I needn't have been concerned as this place has turned out to be a great find and a great base for exploring SF.
Not much to look at on arrival, a typical motel type appearance, it's 2 main strengths are the standard of the rooms and the location.
Rooms are fairly small but well fitted with modern but tasteful furnishings & good use made of the available space. Plenty of available power outputs, microwave, coffee maker and good sized fridge are all very useful. Clothes storage may be limited for an extended stay. Some may be put off by the traffic noise although that became minimal through the night & certainly wasn't a problem for us. The bathroom, though small, was well set out with all the required facilities.
Location is great; 20-30 min walk to Fisherman's Wharf for the touristy stuff but we were best pleased by the proximity to Union Street with a great selection of bars & restaurants and a good atmosphere - highly recommended.
Maybe not the best place if you intend spending a lot of time in the room (limited space) and breakfast somewhat limited but otherwise I would certainly recommend.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lythambri
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent 2 nights in San Francisco and was looking for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the touristy stuff. This totally fit the bill.

The hotel appears to have been just newly renovated and everything is wonderful. The rooms was very comfortable and clean. Even had a fridge and microwave. We had everything we needed.

It was in a great location off Lombard Street, within walking distance to Crissy Field with spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge to Fisherman's Wharf. We had a rental car, but there are complimentary parking spots (first come first serve) that we took advantage of and did not use the car the whole time because it was so easy to walk every where.

Overall I would recommend anyone staying here and would definitely stay again. I was so happy to stumble across this hotel through a google search!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm afraid if I let everyone at TA know about this place, their rates will go up... but I must tell you! Everything's new, really nice comfortable king bed and linens, close to Marina and Palace of the Fine Arts, Yogi at front desk very helpful, excellent rate, AND COMES WITH A PARKING SPOT for those of us with those pesky rental cars. Super!

1  Thank needmorevacationdayz