“More than a tour!”

Chinatown Underground
Ranked #6 of 298 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tours and funky history of SF’s coolest areas led by artist-guides. Understand the social movements and heroes who helped define San Francisco, with brilliant storytelling and a local's perspective.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My Wild SF Walking Tour was more than a tour! JJo's awesome and positive energy made a three hour tour fly by. He shared information with the group that can't be found in tour guides - info about both the historical and present state of SF neighborhoods - which went way below surface level. You can tell Wild SF is really invested in the city. JJo also really took the time to get to know tour-ers, and encouraged fun ways to break up the touring with social interaction and songs. Maybe it sounds cheesy, but it felt like the most genuine connection I could have made to SF as a visitor. In fact, I felt like a local. JJo's tour made my trip and I can't recommend Wild SF more highly!

Wes L, Owner at Wild SF Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

April, so glad you had a fun time on the tour. We love this city and sharing it with awesome and open-minded folks like you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The trip with Wild Wes was so awesome, we had to check out J Jo's. These two tours were the highlight of our trip and would do them again.

Thanks so much for the kind words--we're the lucky ones, getting to hang out with awesome folks all day and call it a job! Until next time, Wes

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you see your guide you know the tour is going to be different! There's no usual uniform with a company logo and Wild Wes really takes the time to get to know more about you instead of just speaking at you.

The tour was really interesting and told stories of places that if I would have walked past by myself I possibly wouldn't even have acknowledged them.

Don't want to give much away but expect many interesting facts, a friendly tour guide, a great tour and a song or two!

Thanks for the review, Charlotte! So good to have you on the tour--hope the rest of your travels are excellent! -Wes

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I ended my stay in San Francisco by attending the Castro/Mission Tour led by J-Jo. I highly recommend this tour as it was fun, refreshing and very informative and did I mention super fun!!
J Jo is an awesome person, very friendly, welcoming and just a really lovely person. I liked the way he gets the group to interact with one another and play cool games on our tour.

I did many other tours on my travels, and by far this was the best...and the cheapest too. Love this tour, love this guy!!!

3  Thank sabrinaa
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Me and my friend took The Castro/mission tour with J. Jo (guide) and it was so great! A fun way to explore The city without spending money - and with lovely musical inputs ;) I highly recommend it!