“Best Tour in San Fran!”

Radical SF: Castro and Mission Districts
Ranked #6 of 299 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tours and funky history of SF’s coolest areas led by artist-guides. Understand the social movements and heroes who helped define San Francisco, with brilliant storytelling and a local's perspective.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The trip with Wild Wes was so awesome, we had to check out J Jo's. These two tours were the highlight of our trip and would do them again.

Wes L, Owner at Wild SF Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thanks so much for the kind words--we're the lucky ones, getting to hang out with awesome folks all day and call it a job! Until next time, Wes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)
All reviews
"union square"
in 52 reviews
"super fun"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 22 reviews
"maz"
in 106 reviews
"fisher"
in 159 reviews
"ukulele"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you see your guide you know the tour is going to be different! There's no usual uniform with a company logo and Wild Wes really takes the time to get to know more about you instead of just speaking at you.

The tour was really interesting and told stories of places that if I would have walked past by myself I possibly wouldn't even have acknowledged them.

Don't want to give much away but expect many interesting facts, a friendly tour guide, a great tour and a song or two!

Thanks for the review, Charlotte! So good to have you on the tour--hope the rest of your travels are excellent! -Wes

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I ended my stay in San Francisco by attending the Castro/Mission Tour led by J-Jo. I highly recommend this tour as it was fun, refreshing and very informative and did I mention super fun!!
J Jo is an awesome person, very friendly, welcoming and just a really lovely person. I liked the way he gets the group to interact with one another and play cool games on our tour.

I did many other tours on my travels, and by far this was the best...and the cheapest too. Love this tour, love this guy!!!

3  Thank sabrinaa
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Me and my friend took The Castro/mission tour with J. Jo (guide) and it was so great! A fun way to explore The city without spending money - and with lovely musical inputs ;) I highly recommend it!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The tour I did was led by J. Jo who was really quirky and fun. He sang us songs on his guitar at a few points in the Castro and Mission tour. What I really liked was that he did not pressure anyone to pay at the end of this free tour (although tips are expected). Most people gave tips, and those that did not seemed to be backpacker types and he was really cool with that. That was really refreshing and I think, giving this freely, has probably contributed to the popularity of these walks. At the end of the tour, we stopped at a couple of shops in the Mission. Again, there was no hard sell and the shops were lovely, though on the expensive side.
The tour itself gave me a glimpse into Castro and Mission, which are both artistic, dynamic neighborhoods. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to move beyond the usual tourist areas and wanting to explore the real SF and all the things that make it the fabulous city it is.