“Wonderful Tour”

Haunted SF: Murder, Mystery and Ghosts
Ranked #6 of 284 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free tours and funky, in depth history of SF’s coolest areas led by artist-guides. Understand the social movements and heroes who helped define San Francisco, with brilliant storytelling and a local's perspective.
Milpitas, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The tour I did was led by J. Jo who was really quirky and fun. He sang us songs on his guitar at a few points in the Castro and Mission tour. What I really liked was that he did not pressure anyone to pay at the end of this free tour (although tips are expected). Most people gave tips, and those that did not seemed to be backpacker types and he was really cool with that. That was really refreshing and I think, giving this freely, has probably contributed to the popularity of these walks. At the end of the tour, we stopped at a couple of shops in the Mission. Again, there was no hard sell and the shops were lovely, though on the expensive side.
The tour itself gave me a glimpse into Castro and Mission, which are both artistic, dynamic neighborhoods. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to move beyond the usual tourist areas and wanting to explore the real SF and all the things that make it the fabulous city it is.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Snells Beach, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The most amazing tour EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I don't want to say too much in this review because simply, I don't want to give too much away.
It was the best tour, my boyfriend and I have ever done. It was funny and interesting and made us feel like we were with a big group of friends exploring the city.
The tour guide was super duper lovely and he was SO cool, we wished we were part of his super cool lifestyle in SF.
Wish we had done the other tour as well.
We did the The Castro and mission tour!

Visited March 2014
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A fun tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a fun way to see San Francisco, and they also make it easy to interact with the rest of the group. We had J. Jo for a tour of the Mission and Castro and had a fun morning. He was entertaining and friendly and told stories about the area. With that said, I would say the tours are aimed at a younger crowd. But if you want a tour taken with the San Franciscan way of mind, this is a lot of fun!

Wes L, Owner at Wild SF Walking Tours, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thanks for the review! Our tours are a purely San Francisco experience, and we hope they're always entertaining, informative, and community-building. Perhaps they attract a younger crowd, but we think anyone with an open mind can have a great time :)
Geneva, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Definitely a must do in San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Led by two young brilliant guys, the tours show you true faces of San Francisco. You will get to feel how it's like to roam like SF folks. The two dudes are such perfect tour operators born-to-be, talented artists/musicians, fun history narrators and excellent entertainers. I joined the tour by chance and became very much impressed by JJO, the guide for Catro and Mission areas. I didn't have time to attend another tour by Wild Wes but i did check out his tour videos on youtube and found he was also one of a kind. They would make you befriend each other in the group, play you some meaningful songs, tell you some true stories in the history, get you to play a bit of games. After three hours and a half, this tour left me such a nice memory and friendship of this legendary city. It's worth very much your time and some of your kind donation, a must to do and recommended to everybody.

1 Thank Pam S
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, Quirky and Informative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

A quirky way to spend your time in San Fran (But please don't call it Frisco). The two tours, with their respective guides, are a great way to some of the hidden gems of this fantastic city. They use a combination of history and local street smarts to show you some places you might have missed on the more commercial tours. Definitely recommend!

1 Thank Tilligan