“UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT”

Description: It's a bar with bar food
Pacifica, CA
“UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you're looking for the restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives like we were, be aware that the restaurant in the back changed ownership in January 2014. The website menu has not been changed even though the menu has. We decided to eat here anyway since we made the trip.

Cash only bar and restaurant. The food was meh. I had a crispy pork sandwich that was entirely too spicy and I like spicy food. My wife had the "toutine" (tater tots made like poutine). The tater tots were great, but the gravy was very bland. We ended up tossing it and going elsewhere to eat.

• Visited April 2014
8 Thank jguillet

Fair Oaks, California
“Mmmmm! Ribs.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I ordered the Sticky Ribs. Wow, they were excellent. This is a little hole-in-the-wall with a bar out front and a restaurant tucked in the back. The proprietor is a genuine transplant from Kansas City and he knows how to do ribs. I will definitely go back. Make sure you take cash because they don't accept plastic.

• Visited November 2013
Lockport, Illinois
“So disappointed”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were here a year ago. I couldn't have said enough about how good our food was. In town for 3 days and ate there 2 times. However on this visit something changed. I believe the cooks did. We order 2 appetizers for dinner and my son ordered a burger with fries. One appetizer came out and the burger with no fries. The other appetizer we were told told takes a while to cook it would be out in a little while. My son's burger was so so rare it was still cold on the inside. Took it back and mentioned he didn't get fries. Their response well everything is a la carte, we responded we know and we ordered fries with the burger. So while waiting for his burger to be recooked and the other appetizer to finish cooking they bring out an order of fries -- really? Then the meatloaf appetizer came out , the meatloaf was hot however the creamy garlic mashed potatoes it was served on wasn't maybe just above room temperature and the gravy was just as cold. Read on another review site that the original chef that was there when Diners, Drive in's and Dives was there is not the chef there now. Or they just have an issue with there line cooks not sure but was really disappointed. I know I would have preferred to find a food cart over my dinner here. So sad.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank NCC60
“A must!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Okay...this is considered a "dive" but the chef is well known. The story is (if I heard correctly) is that he was doing quite well in Vegas, but decided he wanted his own place cooking what he loves for locals.

My husband and I had the pulled pork and the chicken sandwich. AMAZING! The flavor was incredible! We also had the bananas foster. I would have licked the plate!

Great place, food, and workers!

***You have to pay in cash!***

• Visited July 2013
LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“stunning”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Okay it looks like a dive from the street, but what a great place. Head back thru the bar and pool-table to the back room where you place your food order. My son had the burger which he pronounced great. I had the mussels -- which were splendid. Service excellent and atmosphere nice.

I could see why it was packed. Will certainly return.

Visited May 2013