“tasty tapas”
Review of Bask

Bask
Reserve with OpenTable
Bask is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #534 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Jackson
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very tasty tapas.
Was not here for dinner but for a flamenco show. After the show I ordered a couple of Tapas at the bar which were extremely tasty.
I would highly recommend this place for the food and the cosiness of the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Bask

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After a chilly day at the North Beach Fair in San Francisco we happened upon a delightful
tapas bar that was a perfect respite from the crowds and elements. The service was excellent
And the selection of wines and tapas filled the bill.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the 39$ dine about town special, this was absolutely without a doubt the most excellent meal i have had in years, excellent seafood tapas, paella was excellent and basque cake was too...the service was excellent, very friendly and authentic. I could tell every server has a passion for this place, GREAT experience!!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We tried this place for dinner through Dine About Town. Service was friendly and attentive. Restaurant layout was comfortable. Ample paid public parking available nearby.
For tapas, we ordered crab coquettes (ok), black tiger prawns with garlic (I would have preferred a little bit more spice or olive oil...I was expecting something that would be so good to sop bread with) and tongue in tomatoes (my sisters loved this!). For entrees, we tried the paella (very flavorful and good-quality ingredients especially for the price) and the ribeye. Each portion was good for 2-3 people, especially if you will order tapas anyway. The diners beside us ordered lamb shank and it was huge, too.
The menu of tapas is varied, so I would want to try to come back and try more off of that menu.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I selected this restaurant based on a recommendation of two colleagues who had eaten here a few days earlier.

I ordered the fixed price three course dinner for $39, which allows you to select any item from the tapas menu, any entrée and any dessert.

I asked my server what the most authentically Basque item on the tapas menu was, and he told me that the squid cooked in it's own ink was the most authentic. Served in a small earthenware crock, the squid was cooked perfectly, with the tentacles stuffed inside the body of each squid. The sauce was made with squid ink and onions, then garnished with sautéed garlic. I'd never had anything like it before, and I really enjoyed it. Don't be afraid to order this dish.

For my main course, I ordered the slow roasted lamb shank, which is served with sautéed vegetables and potatoes (I substituted additional vegetables for the potoatoes). The lamb was tender and falling off the bone, exactly as a lamb shank should be. It had a great lamb flavor with plenty of good fat. The braising sauce had a nice flavor that didn't overpower the lamb.

For dessert I had the manchego cheese plate (but without the quince jelly. It was a very nice manchego, but not the best I've ever had. It was a lovely finish to an excellent meal.

I enjoyed a glass of 2010 Federico Paternina Rioja Monte Haro Cosecha, which my server recommended to me to accompany the lamb shank.

The service was attentive and polite, and my waiter gave me excellent suggestions. He even gave me an additional pour of wine for me to enjoy with my cheese.

If you check in on Facebook while you're at this restaurant, they will give you a free shot of their house drink. I did check in, but I declined the drink because it has sugar in it (which is probably why I received extra wine at the end of my dinner.

This restaurant is a fantastic change of pace. The food is interesting, delicious and beautifully presented.

I would absolutely eat here again.