“be careful or you will miss it”
Review of Japan Center

Japan Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$105.00*
and up
San Francisco Food Tour: A Taste of Japantown
Reviewed November 25, 2013

we took the bus down to this part of town under the recommendation of a local. we walked for several blocks not knowing where to go. Finally i found the center on my phone and we walked into this deserted looking build and found a wonderful Japanese mall. I felt like I was in Japan. Everyone around was Japanese and the people were so warm and polite. Lots of cool places to buy gifts and souvenirs. And do not leave here with out trying some sushi. OMG the best I have ever had. And cheap we ate soft shell crab and 3 sushi rolls and 2 beers for less then $30. Cheapest place in SF so far.

2  Thank mishisme

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Japantown is small, but awesomeness is packed into this area. There are a few must see's such as the Peace Pagoda, but all in all it a relaxed area not too far from downtown to shop, eat, and experience. Big emphasis on eat! Some of the best food in San Francisco is found here, i.e. Mifune. If you haven't been to Japantown, I recommend you go once at a minimum. I mostly go there to eat, so I can't speak on the shopping aspect. I wouldn't call this a tourist spot, nor a must see, but if you're in the area check it out!

2  Thank Maddindividual
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We went here fir a late dinner and every restarant clises at 9:30. The place is very neat with different kinds of stores from clothing store, book store , jewelry store to karaoke bars. The little park is something different from the usual park you see but its nicely done. Highly recommended if you want to feel a little bit of Japan.

1  Thank Michael Y
Reviewed October 30, 2012

For someone who is really interested in Japanese merchandise, this place has a lot to offer. I had so much fun shopping here. At first I thought it was just one building but it continues into other buildings. It has lots of food choices too! I really recommend this place for someone who wishes they could go to Japan and shop, shop, shop!

2  Thank MegsTravels4
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Japan Center has little to offer tourists unless you want to head for a large collection of japanese restaurants or the Kabuki Theatre. Not even many Japanese go here. This place just didn't catch on!

1  Thank travel-junkie3PO