“Highlight of our San Francisco trip!”

Cruisin' The Castro Walking Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$25.00*
and up
The Castro: Historical Walking Tour of San Francisco's Gay & Lesbian District
Ranked #19 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruisin' the Castro Walking Tours is San Francisco's premier LGBT tour company walking with PRIDE since 1989! Voted a top city tour and awarded the "Hall of Fame", by TripAdvisor! This easy, fun and fascinating 2 hour tour is the MOST comprehensive Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, & Transgender cultural tour available and boasts 15 different historical sites enroute. Discover how San Francisco and the Castro neighborhood plays a crucial role in the past, present and future of LGBT civil rights in the United States. Tours are intimate, personalized and operated by a professional tour guide, local resident and LGBT community activist. No large hills to climb and public walkways are handicap accessible.
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I'm so glad to have scheduled this tour with my wife and 17 yo daughter. I looked forward to it, but it was better than I expected! Kathy is great. She is articulate, open, kind, smart and fun. The tour is informative, entertaining, eye-opening, thought provoking, and an all around good time.

There are newer reviews for Cruisin' The Castro Walking Tours

Reviewed December 4, 2010

I took this tour after reading the stunning reviews on trip advisor and all of them were absolutely true, so I cant add anymore except to say "Thank you Kathy, you were brilliant"

Reviewed November 23, 2010

This tour was the highlight of our trip! Kathy's insight and expertise of the history of Castro was second to none! My 13 year old daughter and I both learned so much of the history and events that took place in the small, intimate community. The openess and safety created through this tour leads to comfort, understanding and acceptance. Thank you so much Kathy!,...you're the best!

Reviewed October 31, 2010

Kathy the guide/owner is beautiful and caring, I was under the weather and she was constably checking that i was fine and if i needed anything, the tour itself was brief and informative. i dragged my husband along and he really enjoyed it too. we probably wouldnt have gone to the area otherwise and we were so happy we did and learned about the GLBT community and there history.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I can't recommend this tour highly enough. It was definitely the highlight of our time in San Francisco and our tour guide Kathy was very knowledgable and friendly. My partner and I certainly learnt a lot about the history of the area, along with more information generally about the gay community. A must see for anyone visiting San Francisco!