Lowest prices for your stay
$105
Free cancellation until 12/09/21
Hotels.com$79
Priceline$89
eDreams$105
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2019

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night and we walked in to be greeted by the kindest, happiest, most welcoming man ever. The building itself was super cool and old (in a good way) and has really good and positive vibes overall. The room was clean with high ceilings, old but beautiful decor, and an amazing view. They offered free donuts and coffee in the morning and always found a way to make us smile. I've been to tons of 5 star hotels but have never felt more comfortable and at home than here. The people who left bad reviews are expecting something they would pay hundred of dollars for a night. This was a steal and we will definitely be staying there again! Also, its only a 20 minute beautiful walk to the ferry building and in a beautiful neighborhood.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank tessieeee
Reviewed February 20, 2019

The Aida is in the middle of the Tenderloin and operates old school (at least as far as I know from the last time I was there, which was a while back.) They still kept your key at the front window when you went out and gave it back to you when you returned. But comparable to the neighborhood, they're actually much better than you would think. For a $99/night stay in SF, it's actually very clean and comparable to other places in the area in that price range, it's fairly safe. I didn't encounter any suspicious other guests and though (again, this was still true as far as my most recent prior visit,) they don't have a concierge, a room on one of the upper floors would be my recommendation. I do know that when I was staying there, if you weren't a guest at the hotel, they wouldn't let you take the elevator. There is a stairway in the back part of the front room but if you have a room on one of the upper floors, it's unlikely you'll run into anyone who doesn't belong. It's definitely not fancy, but it's in working order and again, for the price, it's in a rare league of its own.

Room tip: Rooms on upper floors are quieter
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank nicolinajgallo
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Price is right. Area is questionable at night, but fine during the day. Building is definitely run down, but not horrible. Again, the price is right. I would do it again, but it is important to mention that I am 25, and stayed here with 2 friends my age as well. Otherwise, I would recommend paying for better quality. With the money we saved, we felt fine about treating ourselves to nice meals, drinks, etc.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank NathanielC257
Reviewed August 16, 2018

It was what you'd expect for that money. San Francisco is crazy expensive and you don't have much choice if you want to stay somewhere cheap. The place had coffee and donuts for breakfast. The location is amazing. Public transportation is less than a minute walk. The rooms are old but clean. Not too loud at night so we got a good night sleep. I mean... I am reading the reviews and I am thinking what did people expect... a 5-start hotel? It is a place to sleep, take a shower and keep your stuff while in San Fran.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank megitooo1992
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Hotel Aida is not for the faint of heart. It's in a rough neighborhood of SF. The hotel itself has seen better days. The carpeting in the elevator was shocking :) The elevators took awhile so we got plenty of exercise climbing up and down the stairs. The corridor in the 4th floor smelt of soiled diapers and milk gone bad. It was just awful. The carpets appear to have been there for centuries. Our room was very basic. It was fairly clean in the room but the toilet was a dump and shabby. I'm not sure our bathroom had been cleaned for us. The last day an hour before checkout, the cleaning lady just barged into our room without knocking.The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel in spite of it's many shortcomings is a great value for San Francisco, which is a very expensive city. It's in a rough neighborhood (Tenderloin) but very centrally located. I would not stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2018