“The best market”

and up
San Francisco Food Tour: Ferry Building and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
Ranked #52 of 569 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: A nonprofit group devoted to sustainable agriculture runs this market 4 days a week.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I think our market in Seattle, Pike's Place, is great. This one in San Fran tops it by leaps and bounds. My family loved working our way through half of it on a Saturday morning. It was difficult to tear ourselves away to continue our San Fran tour.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came across this market while exploring the city solo while my husband was working. Tons of food vendors & groups of friends sitting around eating lunch & having a good time. I grabbed some lunch myself and watched all the fleet week action. If I lived there, I would go back often.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Anytime I am in San Francisco on a Saturday morning I make it a point to stop at the Ferry Building Farmers Market. This past visit we had friends from out of town with us which just added to the fun. From fresh oysters on the half shell to falafel we wandered and tasted all manner of deliciousness, We nibbled on fresh fruit and tried a fermented soda that was quite tasty.The produce is fresh and gorgeous and there are lots of samples to be enjoyed. We took our time exploring the shops inside of the building too. It was time for a coffee at Peets and a cone of meat at Boccalone. Plan to spend a couple of hours here and know that you will find lots of food to enjoy. In the past I've had lunch at Hog Island and the oysters were excellent. This market is a must see... I guess the best tip I can share is that on Saturdays the 2nd floor bathrooms are open as the lower level facilities are crowded with long lines..

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fresh fish, meats and produce combined with local specialty stores makes this a fun place to visit! It is quaint with the little markets. Great restaurant options too! We stopped for wine at the local wine bar? They couldn't be more accommodating of our group of 8 . And lunch at the Hog Island Oyster Bar. Yum!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have never had such fresh sweet fruit (way better than what you get at the supermarket!). Lots of samples from local farmers! We bought a couple of pieces of different fruit to eat while there. Really smooth tasty cheeses. I think it's on Saturdays only but check out the internet to be sure.