“Great Room...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sandy, Utah
“Great Room...”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was there with my twins, age 20, on our annual "Dad Trip". Both of our rooms were great.

Breakfast in the Green Room was a disappointment. My twins were served 10 minutes before my food came. When it did finally come it was missing the potato cake and jam. The waitress must have been new. Not knowing what came with what order. The food was good though.

My "in-room" coffee was not restocked the second day. When I tried to call guest services, the line was on fast busy every time I called.

I was also disappointed that there was only free internet in the lobby.

The bar was excellent and happy hour was great.

I hate to focus on the negative but that's where improvements can be made.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Chris C –
Thanks for your 4-star review! I don’t look at it as negative – but rather, as you stated – where we can improve! It’s the little things, the details like the breakfast and coffee where we can improve our service and take it from a 4 to a 5 star service. Unfortunately, you didn’t receive this outstanding service and for that – I would love to have you come back and be ‘WOW’d by how great our service can be.

Please let me know when you’ll be back – we’ll make sure your next stay is, ‘WOW’!

In Hospitality,
Michael Pace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are expecting a hotel close to Union Square this is not it despite being advertised as such. Others across the road also make the same claim, As a first time visitor to San Francisco I did not feel comfortable walking from here the few blocks to Union square after dark. Loads of beggars about outside, and the hotel shuts it's doors in the evening, this is not inviting and there must be a reason for it. Once inside the bar area was excellent and served a good selection of meals. Upstairs the rooms are ok but clearly dated although an attempt to freshen them up has been made with new colours. Marriott is usually my favourite chain, but this autograph hotel felt very ordinary. Overall it was OK, but considering the price the rooms should be better.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ian B –
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Our area is 2 ½ blocks to Union Square and is completely safe not one of dubiousness but rather of typical homelessness as in any large city. We are continuing to improve our product. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Mortimer’s Bar – they do mix up a great craft cocktail!

In Hospitality,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Pros:

-Fantastic Staff - everyone was very nice and helpful - better than most hotels!
-Location is great - don't wonder off to the Tenderloin area of town a few blocks away, very shady
-Affordable, but the weekend I was there Major brands were the same price and have stayed at some that are much nicer.

Cons:
-Rooms are not the biggest in the city as advertised
-Breakfast was good, but seemed like a new restaurant type issues with food coming out staggered and not flowing right.
-Our A/C unit was having issues and the floor was very wet.
-They did not have enough cleaning staff, on Sunday they turned checked out rooms first and our room was not cleaned until 4 (even with us being out since 8) - not what is expected in a quality hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
John C –
Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate both sides – so that we can continue to improve on our product and services. We are in the heart of beautiful downtown San Francisco just steps away from Union Square. The neighborhood is more “diverse” than “shady”. We are surrounded by some of the best hidden bars and restaurants in the city. As we always strive to exceed guests expectations and satisfaction with staying at our hotel and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our staffs service.

Southern California
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am a former resident of San Francisco and have always been used to staying at the classic hotels (St. Francis, Clift, Fairmont, Sir Francis Drake). The Adagio was a nice adaptation of one of the older San Francisco buildings to a modern small hotel. Reception was friendly and breakfast was great (included because we are Marriott Gold level members). Only complaint is the extremely high ($49) overnight parking fee, but that is typical for San Francisco. I would not hesitate to recommend the Adagio for those who want a modern hotel in downtown SF.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
JTAnewport – Thank you for the review! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our modern yet smaller boutique hotel and that our staff was friendly.

We’ll see you on your next trip up north to San Francisco!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stay here when I'm in San Francisco for work and everyone is always so accommodating and friendly. I tend to order room service a lot and the guy that works in the evening is simply the nicest guy ever! Was just there last week and will be staying there again this week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lisa P – you loved us – 5-stars are Adagio Awesome! Thank you so much for your review. I was very happy to read that our staff was so accommodating and super friendly.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I booked two nights here before we headed up to Napa. Arrived late the first night and they were out of rooms. Moved us to another hotel - nice Marriott property - but I hate moving hotels. Would have preferred to stay there two nights, but they were sold out. Moved back over to Adagio the next day and ran into the GM, Michael. Things turned around after that. Upgraded our room, paid for our first night and went out of his way to make dinner reservations for us at La Mar (great spot). Service was great and this little boutique hotel is quite posh. Bartender was very helpful and friendly. Great location and really enjoyed our one night here and kudos to the above and beyond service from the GM to make turn a rough start into a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnNewby66 – Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m really glad that I was able to meet you in the lobby and that we were able to make up for the moving of hotels – definitely not an ideal situation but glad that we could turn it around for your trip. I was very glad to read that our staff was also very friendly and helpful for your stay.

Hollister, California
Reviewed July 15, 2014

very nice hotel. great location. bartender very friendly and helpful. Check in people very helpful and friendly. Room was clean. We had a nice corner room so that gave us more room. Bathroom big and clean. had nice sitting area with a couch. I did trip over the glass table when I got up in the middle of the night but I should have turned on a light.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Glanda Z – Glad that you enjoyed your stay and your room was well appointed to your needs. Thank you so much for your review – hopefully no stubbed toes were given by that darn coffee table!