“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Monterey, California
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Only downside a bit noisy in the morning hours, walls didn't seem very thick at times otherwise great hotel. Service was great, gym was great, hot coffee in the lobby, bar was relaxing, towels were soft and fresh.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Kris755,
Thank you so much for you feedback! We will remind the staff of their noise levels in the halls. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy the amenities Hotel Adagio has to offer.

See you again soon!

Michael Pace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed here several nights, I had not stayed at an autograph hotel before but am Platinum with Marriott so Ive seen a variety with their brand.
I expected a chic place and instead I felt it was a half hearted makeover of some prior hotel in an aging building. The fixtures and furnishings seemed tired, and even a little dingy. The bathroom smelled of must and the tiles and windows were not all that spic and span. The carpets in the halls were tired as well. I did appreciate being able to open the windows and the window fan.

Service wise I was underwhelming- I couldn't get a newspaper 2/4 days I was there by 830 they were gone, no umbrellas when it rained at least when I needed one. The initial room I was put in was on the noisy side as well. For Marriott elites you'll not get much extra perks in staying here, no lounge though they offer a token amount of points or breakfast at the restaurant.

This place was a miss for me, nothing overtly wrong but not at the level I expected.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear flipper95,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

We have gone through a renovation – I was sad to read that you found it less than desirable.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact us directly to provide us with further information on the location of your room, so that we may immediately follow up on the details described in your review. Thank you for bringing the newspaper issue to our attention – as we have been at capacity we can’t guarantee everyone a newspaper – so we will definitely update our order. We certainly hope that you will change your mind and return to Hotel Adagio. We want to win you back and WOW you on your next visit!

Please contact me or my Front Office Manager, Patricia, directly at the hotel 415.775.5000 to discuss the issues that you experienced.

Warmest Regards,
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've stayed here several times recently. The hotel is very nicely done. The check-in staff is always very gracious. Both the bell staff, and espcecially the restaurant staff in the morning for breakfast are a bit cold and aloof. I've noticed this every time I've stayed there recently. The restaurant staff for breakfast seem to feel like they drew the short straw in getting their jobs there. Amazingly quiet rooms because of full double windows. Quietest rooms in San Francisco.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you EBarry400 for the feedback – we’ll make sure to light the fire in our staff! We want to make sure that they’re helpful, friendly and excited to see you each time! Glad we could make your stay quiet!

Looking forward to your next quiet get-a-way!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stay at a LOT of different Marriotts. I was excited to try out this one. Just a few blocks west of Union Square the location is fine, despite other reviews not in agreement. I'm not sure I'd venture too far south if I was staying with kids, but thats an SF issue, not the hotels.

The building is an old art deco building with tons of character. The hallways have curved exposed ceilings that give it a chic feel. The rooms are nicely redone with fresh paint, tile, carpet, and drapes. There are a few spots here and there (like the tub) that are still old, but it does give it more character.

The windows are double, at least in my room. Not double paned, but actually doubled. They must have added these at some point but it really keeps out the noise!

I did not use the bar or restaurant but the happy hour at the bar looked like fun. Lots of folks around. The concierge was very helpful.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: 16th is the top floor. Try and get a back corner room which will look out to Nob Hill.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you lucycan for all of your feedback! We have done some really fun work to the hotel – it’s always great to hear when someone appreciates our unique boutique!

See you again soon!

Orangevale, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Nice quiet rooms, great location, very clean. Staff was excellent. Valet was superb. Chisu is an Asian Goddess, very nice woman. I nominate her Employee Of The Month. Elevators worked great. Registration was easy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Jerry C – 5-star reviews make the staff jump for joy! Thanks for the great feedback – Chisu will be happy to hear that she made another guest extremely happy with their stay! Looking forward to your next visit.

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel is excellent. Amenities are fabulous. The central location and proximity to good restaurents and Union Square was fantastic. The staff was friendly. The bar was nice. The concierge was really helpful in telling me how to take a tour of San Francisco.

Room Tip: The hotel was conservative on soap. One cube on the start day was it. Room was clean but a microwave...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great 4-star review - - - we love hearing how great we are! Visit again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The service was amazing. The room was large and clean. They promote as two blocks from union square but it's really 5, but it's an easy walk. The $49/night valet parking seemed excessive. Overall good experience and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear JaneofJP,
Thank you for the review – we’re always glad to hear that guests enjoy our service and hotel. We are three stop lights from Powell Street and Union Square shopping/activities starts two stop lights from us. We’re located in a great location for both food and other fun San Francisco activities.

See you soon!