“Great stay at a boutique in a great location!!”

Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
Ranked #56 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great stay at a boutique in a great location!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a welcome addition to the Marriott brand. The hotel was clean, service was outstanding, and conveniently located. The only minor complaint is the shower head which was just ok. Otherwise, I would stay here again any time I am out in SF.

• Stayed April 2014
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you Jcarter332—for the lovely 5-star review! Please note that we have low-flow shower heads – per our Silver Level Green Certification. You can request for a heavy flow to be installed during your stay. Looking forward to your next visit!

Michael Pace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband booked this room for my cousin and I. We arrived before noon and the staff hurried to get our room ready so we had somewhere to put our suitcases. We sat and enjoyed a hot cup of tea while we waited and figured out what we would do for the afternoon. They were really helpful in giving us direction to get to the trolley and explaining how it worked.
They soon got our room keys and we noticed the room was very clean and nicely decorated. The only thing I would say that was troublesome was that our room was on the very next floor up, overlooking the parking lot which was very noisy the next morning. I would say that you should ask for a higher up room.
Everything else was great, the fruit flavored water and the helpful suggestions for bus trips, taxi's etc. Bed was comfortable too.
The next morning we asked where to go have breakfast and was told to go to Honey Honey's which by the way was awesome! They took care of our luggage all day for us and only charged my husband $15 to valet park when he came to pick us up that evening. They also made another great suggestion for dinner which turned out to be the best meal I had in San Francisco (Fino's). I would most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DebraL28
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear DebraL28 – I’m so happy that you and your cousin enjoyed your trip with us – also very pleased to hear our staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating during your visit! We're ready to make it a trip worth taking again – see you again soon!

Maybe for a weekend get-a-way!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. The hotel is just blocks from union square. The rooms were surprisingly large and very nice, and we were very comfortable with 2 teenagers. Your greeted with delicious fruit water upon arrival and I loved the free coffee and tea. We even had room service and the food was very food. The cocktails at the hotel bar were also great. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Bouseh – thank you so much for the great 5-star review! We especially love the fact that you’ll be back again – we can’t wait to see you and your lovely family again soon!

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at this little gem of a hotel with my husband and teenage son for two nights. I was very pleased with nearly every aspect of our stay. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room surprisingly large considering the small elevators and hallways. Interior design is refreshingly modern throughout the hotel. LOVE the electric mirror in the bathroom! Beds are SO comfy... especially loved the sturdy, oh-so-smooth satin sheets (although I cannot locate them in the Marriott online store to purchase).

Breakfast (which in our case was included with our room!) was wonderful. Very fresh, generous portions, and delicious. Thanks, Chef!

The location is bitter-sweet. Loved that it is so close to Union Square (our teenage son and I loved the Burger Bar at Macy's 6th floor) and just a half block from the wonderful Marrakesh Magic Theater (amazing show you shouldn't miss, by the way). Unfortunately it does border the Tenderloin district. This isn't a problem during the day, but at night the homeless come out and it gets interesting (in a creepy carnival way, not in a fearing-for-my-life way). Knowing this, I intentionally got tickets to the 6:30 magic show (there is also a 9 pm show), and I was glad that I did. I would not have wanted to walk back from O'Farrell St. at 10:00 at night, even with my husband at my side. Of course, short of moving the hotel, Marriott has little control over this. If you are simply arriving and/or leaving the front of the hotel by taxi or your car there are no worries.

Thank you, Adagio, for a great visit and wonderful memories! We will come again!

Room Tip: Geary is a busy street during the day, but quiet at night. Double sets of windows insured that our...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
MPMom4 – thank you for the lovely 5-star review! I’m so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us – we hope to see you again very soon!

Warm Regards,
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a good sized room for a downtown hotel (with two Queen beds), and the room was clean and decorated well. The lobby is small but nicely done, and the free coffee, tea, and flavored water in the lobby were great. The valet parking is very convenient as parking nearby would be difficult, but it was not cheap at $49 a night. There is a lot of great shopping nearby. I would skip the hotel breakfast and walk to Taylor Street coffee shop less than two blocks away. It was awesome.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the awesome 5-star review – MizzouLizard! So glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us – hope to see you again soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 5, 2014

First time staying here. Very nice hotel. Clean, quiet. Had booked 2 rooms for myself and my husband and my 2 kids (teen and preteen). No adjoining rooms so decided to see how it went as this was the first time they would be in a room by themselves. Had planned to stay 3 nights but after the first night I just didn't feel comfortable with them being in a different room (I knew they were safe). Both Iris and Orlando at the front desk were very accommodating and we ended up checking out after the first night without a penalty because they had no connecting rooms available. Would've stayed there for the full 3 nights if connecting rooms had been available. Appreciate them being so accommodating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you – sjt0803 – for the pleasant review! I’m so happy to hear that our staff made you and your family most welcome to the hotel – but very sorry to hear that you checked out early. We only have a handful of rooms that actually connect. I’m really very sorry that we were unable to accommodate you and your family but happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved the room. Very chic. It had robe furnished, which was nice. The bathroom was spacious. The hotel bar/restaurant was very elegant and the bartenders very friendly. Didn't care for the 3 chardonnay selections - all too sweet for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GS496
Dear GS496 – Thank you for the review – so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our bartenders were welcoming and friendly! We’ll see if we can get a more buttery chardonnay for your next trip.