“Beautiful, slightly cramped, great location”

Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
Ranked #56 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A nice breath of fresh air just off Union Square. Small rooms, minuscule bathrooms, all nicely furnished and outfitted. Cigar box small elevators. Nonetheless, quaint, comfortable, with a friendly staff. Valet $49 in and out parking per day can be blunted by using the adjacent garage yourself. Worth a stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abbadiani
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Abbadiani-
Thanks for the 5-star review! We love to hear that your stay was a fantastic one!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The experience at the Adagio was great from the minute we drove up! Mose was right there to take our bags, help us with parking and then gave us directions to several places we wanted to visit ,as well as provided us with all the hotel info we would need. The hotel was located close to everything and our room was very nice and roomy. The only con for me was the in room keurig coffee, not my favorite. Fresh brood coffee is available next to the lobby , however.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DebbiL2014

Dear DebbiL2014-
Thanks for the 5-star review! We love to hear that our staff is “Wow-ing” our guests from the moment of arrival!

Drive up for another great stay soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I used to stay in this hotel when it was the Shannon Court. The new owners have done a great job upgrading the property all around. Spacious, comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff, convenient location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Stan B

Stan B – Thanks for the 4-stars!
So glad that the “Blast from the past” was a great one and you enjoyed the updated look.

See you again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! The hotel was very clean and chic and being a Silver Elite member, we felt right at home with Angela at the front desk. She was very sweet and spoke to us about the city and neighboring activities and things to do and see. Sam was also very attentive in opening the door and greeting us!
The only negative thing was the construction that was being taken place in the lobby, but we didn't think too much of it.

Our first Autograph Collection was a fantastic one at Hotel Adagio!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Drew A – Thanks for the 5-stars!
Very glad that our staff was friendly and attentive! Sorry about the tiles in the lobby - - we had to replace a few tiles – due to a settling building.

We look forward to you returning!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hello,

I recently spent a few nights at your hotel. There were very many positive aspects that I enjoyed. The property is very nice, contemporary, convenient location, my room was very nice and in general, everything was great.

The purpose of this note is to tell you about my dining experience, which was less than desirable. On Sunday morning, as I approached the sign which says, “please wait to be sited’ the couple close to the sign said, “go ahead and sit yourself otherwise you will never get sited”. I sat myself at the deuce, near the entrance to the kitchen. The gentleman next to me stated “I hope you have lots of time, as the service here is horrible”. A few tables away there was a four top, who were in the City for a wedding. After numerous times attempting to get someone’s attention they gave up on the waiter. The young guy went out to the lobby and got his mother a cup of coffee as it was very apparent they weren’t going to get one out of the wait staff. At one point a gentleman from another table left the room and a few minutes later he returned. Someone (presumably the Front Desk manager), approached the table and a conversation about bad service proceeded. There were a few other less notable occurrences of bad service, during my breakfast.

The second morning for breakfast, the room was less crowded, so I thought to myself, presumably service will be better. No such luck. After sitting my-self again, it was 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledge me. A gentleman sat himself at the table next to me. After waiting approximately 15 minutes, he asked the waitress if he could order breakfast. The waitress responded by saying “Absolutely, right away”. This is where it gets really bad, she then just walked away without saying anything else i.e. I will get your waiter, let me drop off this pot of coffee and be right back, something should have been said.

She then went and had a conversation with the other waitress and they discussed who was responsible for the table, within ear shot of me and the other guest. After they finished their conversation, they both disappeared into the kitchen. The guest and I looked at each other and just laughed. Without going into further bad service that I witness, let me just say it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get breakfast. Thank goodness I had plenty of time both mornings.

The actual meals were very good, which was one very positive note. The dishes were unique and different and both of

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CarlBecker

Dear CarlBecker –
Thank you for the review, we love hearing what we can improve upon for future guests. We have very recently gone through a transition and have made improvements going forward with our breakfast area.

If you’re back in the area again, we’d definitely love to ‘Wow’ you with our breakfast service, please contact me or Patricia Calvert (Front Office Manager) at the hotel directly at 415-775-5000 when you’re back in town again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed between Christmas and New Years. I love the Marriott Autographs!! (Prague and the Algonquin in NY). Perfect size hotel close enough to Union Square but far enough away to stay out of the hubbub. The breakfast area was a little small but it was a busy time. The price was pretty good compared to the larger hotels closer to USQ. We loved the bar (Mortimers) and was a great place to kick back after the long treks up and down the hills. All the staff was great and especially the servers in the bar. They gave great suggestions for places to try and we're very interested in the places we visited. Not to far away was Mikkellers, the best beer in town and some good eats.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

CSF79849504 – thanks for the 4-star and all the lovely things you had to say about us! We loving hearing about what you loved!

Come back again very soon = the Crab Hash is waiting for you in the Green Room for breakfast!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a nice, spacious room, well decorated. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy. Hotel is in a convenient location. Very good complimentary coffee in the lobby. I would definitely come back to the Hotel Adagio.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susie S

Dear Susie S,
Thanks for the review!
We love to hear how we made a stay extremely comfortable and convenient. See you again soon!