“Blast From the Past”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Blast From the Past”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I used to stay in this hotel when it was the Shannon Court. The new owners have done a great job upgrading the property all around. Spacious, comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff, convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Stan B
Adagio_Mgr, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Stan B – Thanks for the 4-stars!
So glad that the “Blast from the past” was a great one and you enjoyed the updated look.

See you again soon!

Michael Pace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay! The hotel was very clean and chic and being a Silver Elite member, we felt right at home with Angela at the front desk. She was very sweet and spoke to us about the city and neighboring activities and things to do and see. Sam was also very attentive in opening the door and greeting us!
The only negative thing was the construction that was being taken place in the lobby, but we didn't think too much of it.

Our first Autograph Collection was a fantastic one at Hotel Adagio!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Drew A – Thanks for the 5-stars!
Very glad that our staff was friendly and attentive! Sorry about the tiles in the lobby - - we had to replace a few tiles – due to a settling building.

We look forward to you returning!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hello,

I recently spent a few nights at your hotel. There were very many positive aspects that I enjoyed. The property is very nice, contemporary, convenient location, my room was very nice and in general, everything was great.

The purpose of this note is to tell you about my dining experience, which was less than desirable. On Sunday morning, as I approached the sign which says, “please wait to be sited’ the couple close to the sign said, “go ahead and sit yourself otherwise you will never get sited”. I sat myself at the deuce, near the entrance to the kitchen. The gentleman next to me stated “I hope you have lots of time, as the service here is horrible”. A few tables away there was a four top, who were in the City for a wedding. After numerous times attempting to get someone’s attention they gave up on the waiter. The young guy went out to the lobby and got his mother a cup of coffee as it was very apparent they weren’t going to get one out of the wait staff. At one point a gentleman from another table left the room and a few minutes later he returned. Someone (presumably the Front Desk manager), approached the table and a conversation about bad service proceeded. There were a few other less notable occurrences of bad service, during my breakfast.

The second morning for breakfast, the room was less crowded, so I thought to myself, presumably service will be better. No such luck. After sitting my-self again, it was 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledge me. A gentleman sat himself at the table next to me. After waiting approximately 15 minutes, he asked the waitress if he could order breakfast. The waitress responded by saying “Absolutely, right away”. This is where it gets really bad, she then just walked away without saying anything else i.e. I will get your waiter, let me drop off this pot of coffee and be right back, something should have been said.

She then went and had a conversation with the other waitress and they discussed who was responsible for the table, within ear shot of me and the other guest. After they finished their conversation, they both disappeared into the kitchen. The guest and I looked at each other and just laughed. Without going into further bad service that I witness, let me just say it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get breakfast. Thank goodness I had plenty of time both mornings.

The actual meals were very good, which was one very positive note. The dishes were unique and different and both of

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CarlBecker
Dear CarlBecker –
Thank you for the review, we love hearing what we can improve upon for future guests. We have very recently gone through a transition and have made improvements going forward with our breakfast area.

If you’re back in the area again, we’d definitely love to ‘Wow’ you with our breakfast service, please contact me or Patricia Calvert (Front Office Manager) at the hotel directly at 415-775-5000 when you’re back in town again.

Orange County, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed between Christmas and New Years. I love the Marriott Autographs!! (Prague and the Algonquin in NY). Perfect size hotel close enough to Union Square but far enough away to stay out of the hubbub. The breakfast area was a little small but it was a busy time. The price was pretty good compared to the larger hotels closer to USQ. We loved the bar (Mortimers) and was a great place to kick back after the long treks up and down the hills. All the staff was great and especially the servers in the bar. They gave great suggestions for places to try and we're very interested in the places we visited. Not to far away was Mikkellers, the best beer in town and some good eats.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CSF79849504 – thanks for the 4-star and all the lovely things you had to say about us! We loving hearing about what you loved!

Come back again very soon = the Crab Hash is waiting for you in the Green Room for breakfast!

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a nice, spacious room, well decorated. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy. Hotel is in a convenient location. Very good complimentary coffee in the lobby. I would definitely come back to the Hotel Adagio.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susie S
Dear Susie S,
Thanks for the review!
We love to hear how we made a stay extremely comfortable and convenient. See you again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Recently remodeled, a trendy hotel in a transition area of San Francisco. The rooms are nice and well appointed. parking charges are high like other hotels in the area. You might want to park next door at $10 a pop. Overnight parking at the hotel is $50. The hotel is located near Union Square and is located on a major street (Geary street), but the immediate area is a little seedy looking. I would not have any problem with walking down Geary to Union Square.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank takeahike66
Adagio_Mgr, Front Office Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear takeahike66,
Thank you so much for your review of our lovely Hotel Adagio.

As you noted, our parking is the normal rates in correspondance with our area and mostly downtown properties. The parking facitity does charge $10, however that is mainly for certain times of the day out by a certain time, so it wouldn't include overnight parking.

We are located near Union Square and many other local area attractions. I'm so glad that we worked well for you, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Yours in Hospitlaity,
Patricia Calvert
Front Office Manager
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We planned a last minute weekend getaway in the city and booked this hotel. We weren't sure what to expect, but we loved it! It has a very cool atmosphere, and the rooms are spacious and decorated nicely. It is situated within walking distance of union square and other popular places. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay without breaking the bank in the city.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Guinness304
Guinness304 – glad we could make your stay 5-stars!

We are looking forward to your next weekend getaway…maybe this weekend?!