Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
$169
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$201
$166
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$332
$194
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

$169
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

$159
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$243
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$179
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$269
$179
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$422
$199
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

$205
$174
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

1,657 results
All reviewsunion squaremarriott propertiesgeary streetnice boutique hotellobby bartenderloin districthomeless peoplefew blockscorner roombreakfast roomfree coffeefront desk staffvalet parkingceiling fanstreet noisesfcity
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Let's start with the good: sheets were nice, everything was clean when I checked in. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Newly re-decorating I think and I loved the color scheme. Noise level was good until last morning (see below). There are no ice machines so you have to call down to the front desk whenever you need ice and while that might seem like a negative, they are VERY fast bringing it up to you.

Now the bad: when I arrived, engineering was in my room fixint the toilet paper holder--which was fine becaue he was very nice and apologetic, he finished quickly and left--just unexpected. Initially the phone in my room worked, and then stopped working the first afternoon. When I reported it, they had someone up quickly to look at it and a vendor in the following day to complete the repair prior to my returning from meetings. My shower the first night could not be called hot, "warm" at best! When I called the front desk to find out the story, she proceeded to tell me how to work the shower (which I'd already figured out!) and did come up to feel the water herself. She felt it wasn't as hot as she'd like either and said she'd speak to the engineering staff. The next night, my shower was wonderful--so hot I had to turn it down. The housekeeping services leave a bit to be desired, small things like the box under my soap was left there and not thrown away, my bathroom sink was still slightly dirty and something i'd left on the dresser intentionally had been thrown away but other things that are usually straightened were not. My last morning there I was awoken at 4:50 AM by loud thuds that I thought were coming from another room, but turned out to be the hotel staff throwing items into the trash bins below in preparation for the garbage truck. Very unpleasant!!!!! Not how or when I wanted to start my day.

While the staff did everything they could to respond to the issues, I shouldn't have had them in the first place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your insight, AnnBest67. We appreciate all of your compliments and suggestions. Please accept our apologies for the unforeseen details described in your review. It was our pleasure to immediately respond to these mishaps to ensure your comfort. Thank you for also bringing the trash incident to our attention, as we have followed up to inquire why this occurred at that hour of the morning. Again, we are extremely sorry that we failed to deliver the flawless experience that you deserve and hope to have another opportunity to gain your confidence in us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Absolutely horrible. I booked thinking the pictures represented the hotel. The pictures do NO represent the room. The elevators are ancient. The neighborhood horrible. Amy Fox is terrible about saying one thing and then telling you you need it in writing later. In the 1000 a night suite there is no tub and the safe doesn't even work.

Go elsewhere!

SCARY neighborhood!

Miserable Marriott customer who is a gold member!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Adagio is a very nice small property in the heart of San Fran. It is centrally located: a short walk to Union Sq. and a long walk to the wharf, although the many homeless people nearby the hotel detract to its location--but this is true of any San Fran hotel in the heart of downtown. As a Plat member I got an 'upgraded' to a higher floor, supposedly bigger room. The room view was nice, and even though the hotel is on a busy street, I don't have any complaints as far as outside noise, it was rather surprisingly quiet (14th floor). The room is nicely appointed, although the bathroom was a bit standard and small. The food from the hotel was excellent. Both breakfast and dinner were far better than I expected.
As far as service, the front desk was helpful giving ideas for activities, but fell a bit short actually booking reservations, etc. The staff at the breakfast area, while very attentive, seemed a bit unorganized.

Room Tip: Trry to get a high-corner floor for a good view without much noise.
Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The T
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by nice and welcoming staff members upon arrival. Updated decor, nice and modern coloring scheme throughout the property. The lobby is a little cram but tidy. The room is quiet spacious for San Francisco standard. Dust was everywhere due to the construction work that was going during my stay. I would recommend this hotel... minus the dust :)

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Club2013

Dear Club2013,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and tolerating the dust in some of the common areas while we completed a few improvements. We are very happy that our comfortable and spacious accommodations suited you nicely, as well as our welcoming staff. Your recommendation of Hotel Adagio means the world to us. We hope to see you on your return to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked Hotel Adagio for a recent work visit to San Francisco. Room was nicely renovated and easily the biggest I've had in San Francisco for the price. They have done a good job taking an old hotel and modernizing. Breakfast in Green Room and room service dinner were fine.

A letter from GM was in the room asking to advise them of anything that could be done for a 10 star stay. I provided the front desk with a list of two repairs the next morning that were completed by the time I returned - great! The problem was that the front desk didn't even know guests were receiving the letter and seemed confused when I showed it and the repair items. Desk also didn't realize that the elevator was down for maintenance that evening. When I said that I will be checking out during the down time - from the seventh floor - front desk said "Well you'll start the day with some good exercise then." No offer for staff to help with my bags down six flights of stairs in the early morning for a female guest traveling alone. No matter how nice the room or hotel location, it is these little things that make the difference.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the inner courtyard and was quiet the first night but loud the second with a big group out late on the lovely patio.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Izengolf

Dear lzengolf,

First and foremost, I apologize that your experience lacked the professional and efficient service that we are known for. I immediately addressed the details described in your review with our front desk staff, which included a thorough review of the process to ensure that each staff member is updated and informed of current events when beginning their shift. The little things absolutely make the difference, and we regret that we missed our mark on this occasion. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and hope to have the pleasure of having you as a guest again. We are anxious to serve you with the attention to detail that you should expect from us.