Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$209
$159
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$179
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$257
$236
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$222
  • Pool
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$305
  • Room Service
$219
Courtyard
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

$238
$215
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
$219
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

$299
$254
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$406
$220
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

1,661 results
All reviewsunion squaremarriott propertiesgeary streetnice boutique hotellobby bartenderloin districthomeless peoplefew blockscorner roombreakfast roomfree coffeefront desk staffvalet parkingceiling fanstreet noisesfcity
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is walking distance to the shopping area, and touristy area. The room is clean and looks nice. The salad they serve at the bar is also good. (Although if you want diner type of food, there's a good one across from the hotel.) Wifi is available at the lobby. They serve Starbucks coffee and good teas (24 hours a day) right by the breakfast area. But what I was really impressed with, are the staff. EVERY PERSON I encountered that worked there were verrrry accomodating and warm. The room attendants, receptionists, concierge, bartender, people at the kitchen, waiters, general manager were all very warm. They greeted their customers and genuinely would ask if there was anything they could do to help.

There was a young lady who seemed to be functioning as a host of some sort, talking with the guests, finding out if they needed anything. She approached me and was perceptive that I was in need of something. She asked me if something was wrong. I said, no, I was just deciding what to do because I already had to check out but still had to wait for my husband who will be back to get me in 4 hours. She told me that I was welcome to have some coffee or tea, and access the wifi from the lobby or the breakfast area/lounge. I took the offer.

As I was getting settled, I approached a lady behind the counter/bar who was currently slicing tomatoes for a salad. I asked her if she knew what the password was. She warmly smiled and took my pen and paper and quickly went to the front desk to retrieve what I needed.

In a few minutes, as I was trying to log on, the general manager approached me and asked if I had any problems logging in. I was having some trouble with that and he was more than happy to help me find which network to get into.

I had lunch at the bar and the bartender was also very welcoming to the guests. It was nice.

Hotels can be very generic but it's the people who run it that make it feel special. I like this place. I'll come back to this hotel when I get back to San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Bernadette F,

We are ecstatic to learn that you were impressed with our hotel and exceptional customer service. Our team is always excited to receive such positive feedback from our guests. We work very hard to make our hotel experience a very special and unique one. Thank you for taking the time to share so many details of your enjoyable stay. We appreciate your business and are thrilled to have earned your guest loyalty. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing us and other travelers with your helpful insight. We can't wait to serve you again on your next visit to San Francisco!

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for my birthday and 1st anniversary, very modernly decorated if you like that kind of thing. The snacks were very overpriced so we used a nearby shop 2 doors down. Biggest disappointment was that there was no free tea/coffee making facility in the room, the only hotel I have ever stayed in that does not provide this. Service not too bad although night receptionist wasn't that friendly but feel that generally people aren't that friendly in San Fan.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JHR1976,

We apologize for the disappointment in service that occurred at our front desk, as well as the unfriendly impression you received of the people in San Francisco. Please know that this is not the typical experience at our hotel, and the the people from all over the world that both live and visit our city are generally quite friendly. We have followed up on your comment with the appropriate members of our team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel to celebrate 2 very special occasions. We hope you did enjoy your overall experience in San Francisco and plan to return.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked this property online a few days prior to arrival. Most of the city was sold out, however I managed to get a reservation here. I suspect due to a Platinum override on Marriott.com. My confirmation was for 3 nights. Rate was $249 plus tax. I stay in hotesl more than 80 nights per year, many years in excess of 125 nights. On this reservation, there was NO mention to the rate possibly being different on any given night (more on this later).

This property was ok. Hallways dark and narrow (not like an alley or anything, I think just because of the color and that they were indeed narrow).

Room was fine. Clean, no real complaints. The elevators were very small and instead of a metal door covering something, there was black duct tape. This was the case in both elevators. to some, this may be a nit, but found this to be absolutely tacky and really drags down what otherwise might have been a really crisp property.

The dining room and breakfast service was akward I think. Often having to flag a waiter down for something as simple as a glass of water. Also, they had complimentary coffee in the morning, which is great, however to get to it, you had to walk through a short narrow threshold that actually felt like you were walking back into the kitchen. Obviously you were just in another area of the dining room, but it didn't look very welcoming from the lobby side. I think they could find a better place to set up the coffee (in the bar area perhaps). The bar was fine, nothing remarkable.

Morning of check out, there was no bill under my door. An annoyance, but certainly not the first time this has happened. When checking out at the front desk, the representative reviewed, "three nights, a couple of restaurant charges, a couple of charges at the bar..." I said that sounds about right. So, in my mind i'm thinking three nights, my bills and basically figure out that sounds reasonable. I was handed a folded bill, I stuffed in my bag and outside to a car to the aiport. Keep in mind this is 5AM and I need to get going.

Fast forward to Sat, when I look at my bill and see that my 3rd night is not the same rate. I know this happens from time to time and sometimes it can be a big difference. however, in this case the rate was astronomical. More than 3X. And never was I advised the 3rd night would be a different rate. I simply would have kept looking for a property or checked out before such a rate kicked in.

I have contacted the property to try and work this out. So far, this is in progress and I remain hopeful we can come to a reasonable compromise and settle my concern and chalk this up to a simple error somewhere. Stay tuned.

3  Thank kendcc
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of June, the hotel bar/lobby looks fresh and clean and the staff are really friendly. The gym is small but okay for a small work out. I had a double double room which was in very good new condition with comfortable beds. The only draw back was no free wifi and no ipod doc station. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to Market street or Union Square. I would defo stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
WarmRegards, General Manager at Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear SJP1980,

We love hearing you would definitely stay at Hotel Adagio again! Thank you for noting that you enjoyed our new, fresh and sophisticated new look throughout our hotel. Please know for your next stay that we do have auxiliary cords available for you to hook up to our premium sound system in your room. Certain room types have the actual docking system available, however, all of our rooms have an outlet where you can use an auxiliary cord to get plugged in. You are absolutely right; San Francisco is, indeed, absolutely amazing! We hope you will return soon to enjoy more of all that we have to offer.

Best,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent 10 days at the Adagio, and it was really a great experience. The service was fantastic, the food provided at the restaurant was good.

The only things I didn't like was the fact that the bathroom fan and light were connected - it was noisy and a pain to have on all the time. Also the room lighting was very dim both in the room and in the bathroom - as a girl, I took issue with this b/c it made it really hard to put make-up on.

Dear gesaati,

Thank you for your 10 day stay at Hotel Adagio! We love hearing that it was a great experience and appreciate your time in sharing this with other TripAdvisor travelers. We enjoy serving our guests and receiving your fantastic comments on our level of service is very rewarding and encouraging. Your suggestions on the lighting in your room are also appreciated and taken seriously. Please keep in mind for your next stay that we are at your service at all times during your stay and welcome any opportunity to ensure your comfort. it would have been our pleasure to provide additional lighting for you to apply cosmetics. Thank you for your review. We will look forward to accommodating you on your future business and leisure visits to San Francisco.

Kind Regards,