Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
$230
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$353
$209
$336
$222
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$401
$225
$210
Agoda.com
6,142 results
All reviewsnautical themeblue mermaidfisherman's wharfthe golden gate bridgecable carchowdermaritime museumgreat locationghirardelli squareirish coffeebuena vistabay viewking suitewine hourwharf areawine receptionevery evening
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights in this hotel. The rooms were about $250 US a night. My boyfriend is from the Nova Scotia, which is the East Coast of Canada, so he was really into the whole Nautical Theme the hotel had. I myself am not into the whole nautical theme; I’m more of the modern day minimalist. The décor I would say almost hovers on that line of too much Nautical, but it they’ve somewhat managed to still make it look and feel very romantic. The hotel staffs were amazing! They were so amazing I’m convinced that they were hand picked. They were super dog friendly. They had little treats and water for the guests’ dogs. We stayed in a King Bed Bay View room. It was a beautiful view of the Golden gate bridge, but the room aside for it décor wasn’t anything great. It was a really long room, but it was also very narrow. They’re televisions are in need of upgrading. I would say the greatest things about this hotel would be it’s location. It’s a 5 minute walk to Fisherman’s Wharf and everything else is within a 20 minute drive. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to San Francisco and I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Good location if you are tourist, but not if you are here on business. I've had several Kimpton stays in a few cities and this is definitely not up the Kimpton standards. Room decor was kitschy - overwhelming nautical themed. Noisy street below -stay on as high a floor as you can get. Clean and decent, but room service was not very good at all. For my 3 day stay, on day 1, my room service breakfast order arrived 50 miinutes late - not good when I had a morning meeting to attend. Breakfast on Day 2 arrived 25 minutes later than they had said- instead of the strawberries mentioned on the menu with my oatmeal, they have me sour apples and forgot my water. On the late evening menu of day two, they had to call me back 15 minutes later, since no one was at the room service desk. When they called me back, they had to check to see if they had wheat bread - for a simple grilled cheese! And he repeated the order 5 times. When it arrived, there were no french fries, as mentioned on the menu.

Again - good for a tourist who wants to be near the wharf, but for an experienced business traveller, this is not the place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
AntonioFlores4, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Dimebueno ~

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our friends on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to hear that your experience wasn't what you expected. I am very disappointed to hear about your ordeal with Room Service. I would love an opportunity to discuss this with you further and do what I can to make up for this unacceptable experience. Like you mentioned ~ this is certainly not the type of service Kimpton Hotels are known for and that is definitely true for the Argonaut. I hope you give me that chance to make it up to you.

Antonio Flores
Hotel Manager
antonio.flores@argonauthotel.com

Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed for five nights in October. Position of hotel on Fishermans Wharf - 10 minutes walk to Pier 39 - only minutes from shops and restaurants. Tram to Union Square goes from besides the hotel and great fun to get around the city. Everything you want to do in San Francisco is only either in walking distance or a short tram ride away from this hotel, and it was even possible to walk to the Golden Gate Bridge, although it was a 4 mile walk away - but on the flat and very pleasant. Alcatraz is a musto do - very moving and interesting. Try the Cheesecake Factory at the top of Macys for their lunch special - great value.

The Argonaut was a beautifal hotel in the old cannery. The rooms were spacious with two king sized beds and tastefully decorated in a nautical theme which runs through the hotel. We have great views of Alcatraz and the Bridge. We received complimentary breakfast in the Blue Mermaid consisting of coffee or tea; orange juice; bowl of fresh fruit and selection of toast or muffins. There was also wine tasting each evening and although we didnot partake lots of the guests did. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help - even suggesting where to go and how to get there in a city they clearly loved.

There is nothing we can stay negative about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay close to all the attractions.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We had a great time staying at the Argonaut, the staff was very friendly at any hour of the day. Check in and check out was easy, the only reason this hotel is not a 5 star hotel is because it does not have a pool. I would give it 5 stars, it has a great location right in front of Fishermans Dwarf. There are shops, restaurants, transportation very close by. Will definately come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Tagged along on my wife business trip. The hotel was in next to the cable car turn around, a very short walk from great restaurants and shopping and only a few blocks from Ghiradelli Square for our chocolate and wine needs. A short wine reception is held in the lobby each night and a cozy fireplace and deck chairs are very relaxing. The staff/concierge were very helpful. The amenities and work out facilities were A+.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business