8 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$309
eDreams$309
Trip.com$354
7,179 results
All reviews nautical theme blue mermaid fisherman's wharf the golden gate bridge maritime museum chowder cable car great location ghirardelli square buena vista bay view king suite wharf area around the corner our honeymoon wonderful hotel valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was not as expected!
So many things I just can't list-
Front desk was awesome! The rest of staff horrible except for Danny the bellhop. We were ignored, door was never opened for us walking out of hotel. Rang concierge several times never picked up! Save yourself grief and stay at the Drake.

Date of stay: June 2014
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Laurensmom721,
Zing, I see we missed the mark here. Normally, our doormen are a highlight of the experience here with their helpful and quirky personalities (not to mention entertaining puffy sleeves and helmets). I am bummed that you didn't feel the love from them, and I've alerted both direct managers about this. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is any other feedback you'd like to share as we strive for 100% consistency. Thank you!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Everything pointed to staying here, I probably wouldn't again. Upon check in there was a complimentary bottle of wine addressed to someone else that was a rewards member. I called the front desk, instead of saying you can have it, they said we will send someone right up to get it. That was fine too, except that I sat in the room for an hour waiting, and no one showed up to pick it up. The staff was pleasant, and no real other complaints, just don't expect to be knocked off your feet impressed. It is an average pet friendly hotel.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jloonam

Hi, jloonam,
What an awkward situation with the wine! I see we need to do some retraining there. Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad everything else went well, though of course we'll aim to knock your socks off (way off!) next time.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel has a great location. We were in the city with family and the Argonaut seemed like an ideal jumping off spot. Lobby is spacious and is a super gathering place. Staff was friendly and hospitable!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ADolores
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thanks for visiting us, ADolores! We are in fact lucky to be a springboard into wine country, Point Reyes, Mount Tam, Sausalito, Tiburon, and other points to the North. Within the city, I recommend checking out the adjacent Cow Hollow/Marina, North Beach/Chinatown, and Russian Hill neighborhoods. The cable car is also a great way to get to Union Square and soak up the views if you can beat the rush.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I took part in the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, this hotel was conveniently close to the race start and a beach to have a practise swim. Very nice hotel, great restaurant and bar with best clam chowder in town. Close to Fishermans wharf but far enough away that it was quiet. The hotel room itself was very comfortable bed superb and the service was excellent.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and was sad to leave. The Doorman was very helpful in pointing out a few local restaurants that were excellent and the reception also very helpful posting cards and things like that

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi, Stephen C, and congrats on completing that very daunting looking Escape from Alcatraz swim!
I'm glad to hear we were a convenient and helpful home base for you that weekend. I'm sure you were ready to wolf down some of that famous chowder. I will let chef know that his prize-winner hit the spot once again!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

San Francisco can be a very expensive place to visit, but the location of this hotel helps offset the price of the stay with easy walking access or public transportation. My husband, 11 year old son, and I stayed at the Argonaut last week, and we had blast. They have a very nice complimentary drink hour with wine, beer, and a signature drink each night. They had a very nice, helpful staff and a lovely hotel. They loan kids a goldfish to "care for" during their stay. There is a Starbucks attached to the back of the hotel, a restaurant, and a Ben and Jerry's. There is also a free and well done local maritime history museum in the lobby. We upgraded to the bridge view, and it was lovely. They don't have balconies which is a bummer, but I stared out the window as much as possible. It took us minutes to walk to Fisherman's Wharf which was about half way to Pier 39. Our window also had a view of Ghirardelli Square (great hot chocolate and open until 11 pm) and the cable car turn around. We bought a city pass, so we could ride the cable car (so fun) to Union Square (shopping area) as many times as we liked. The opposite end and other cable car turn around is also located here. The lines can be long at night on the Wharf end, so be patient. It was really worth it. The city pass gets you many activities for one low price. The Rocket Boat Bay ride was 30 minutes of fun, but be sure to line up early to be sure you get a seat. The best breakfast place was on Pier 39; it was called Eagle's Nest. The basic egg breakfast was delicious! Have fun in SF! One cautionary bit of advice...our car was dinged in valet (expensive) parking. We are waiting to hear about the outcome. We were told they would call, but they have yet to do so.

Room tip: Bay view is worth it!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank NicoleHinCA

Hi, Nicole H! Thanks for the five stars. I'm happy to hear that the three of you had a great time and the Argonaut was so convenient for all of your adventures. I am not aware of this valet issue, but feel free to give me a call directly if you do not hear back very soon. Thanks so much again and hope to see you next time you come into SF!