“Loved this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here and she loved the leopard print robe. In the evenings we could here someone singing in the alley way near the restaurants. Plenty of restaurants, and attractions in the area for a couple and family to do. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Hi, felo1977!
Aren't the robes fun? We try to keep things a little interesting here with goldfish bowls on request, bike rentals, wine parties... and who knows what's next!
Delighted that you're already planning to come back next year. We'll see you then - cheers!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I wanted to love this hotel, very cute & great location and I really liked how they catered to children. So far I have been very disappointed with my experience. First night just as I had gotten my kids to sleep at 8:30pm front desk called to see "how we where settling in" and woke them up. Next day we left the room in the morning put the housekeeping light on came back 5 hours later room is not cleaned, put my kids down for a nap & 20 minutes later they call to ask to clean the room waking them up again. Obviously for a hotel that is supposed to be child friendly they have a long way to go (treasure chest toy also consisted of a tiny thing of bubbles or a key chain, not exactly exciting). Front desk staff was not friendly or very helpful. Wine bar reception is so packed that you can't find a seat. Rooms are cute but tiny with teensy bathrooms and uncomfortable beds and ours has a view of a rooftop & air conditioners (be sure to upgrade out of that problem). There are so many better options at this price point in San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Corelni
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello, Corelni,

I hope that you are still at the hotel with us? If so, please do feel free to give me a ring directly as I'd like to turn this situation around and make sure you leave a happy camper, and with well-rested kids! In the meantime, I'll pass your feedback to the team.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Yes, all the positive reviews written about this hotel is true. We had an exceptional four nights stay here and will definitely be returning in the future because of the location, the beautiful property, and the superb staff. I planned a busy itinerary, and location was perfect as it is within walking distance from many good restaurants , transportation and tourist attractions. What a great idea to have wii game in the lobby. It was a nice distraction for our ten year old while we relaxed before heading out for dinner. We enjoyed the free wine and apple cider offered to guests in the late afternoon. After our Alcatraz tour and boat ride back to Fisherman's Wharf in the morning, it was so convenient to just walk back to our hotel, enjoy the very delicious chowder at the restaurant located inside the hotel before taking a short snooze to get energized for our afternoon activities. Bike rental is just a few steps away, but if you plan ahead, guests can secure a bike the hotel offers to their guests for free. Every staff we had the pleasure to interact with were more than happy to assist us in any way. Our ten year old son enjoyed his stay so much so that he wanted to stay longer. The property itself is beautiful. We all had four nights of good sleep in our very comfortable and quiet room. This hotel is unique in that there is a museum inside which we enjoyed at no cost. Hubby and I were impressed with the good size gym facility, and appreciated the newer gym equipments. The hula hoops at the gym was a nice bonus. To sum it all up, Kimpton'n Argonaut Hotel deserves my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank thedreamvacation
Emily G, Manager at Argonaut Hotel, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hi, thedreamvacation! So exciting to see we lived up to your own moniker :).
I'm glad the stay was fun yet restorative for the whole family. Thank you for mentioning the gym -- I think it doesn't often get noticed, but the equipment is very high quality, and don't we all need some TV on the machine to distract us from the pain?! Anyhow, thanks again for your detailed review and top recommendation!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are amazing, so helpful. The location is perfect for everything we wanted to do. Right by fishermans wharf, pier 39, view of Alcatraz, Lombard street and easy to walk to china town. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast is yummy and the whole nautical feel is great. Also 5pm wine hour is a great touch. Will definitely return to this hotel next time we come to california

Stayed: June 2014

Thanks, Lisa! We will look forward to your return. Perhaps I will meet you at the next wine party!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Argonaut is a very nice hotel. It is beautifully decorated, the staff (from the bellman to the guest services) are wonderful and helpful and the location is perfect! The cocktail hour from 5:00-6:00pm is a nice perk that is very enjoyable. The things that didn't bowl me over were the beds (very hard), the charge for WIFI and the fact that there is no pool. This was a family trip with 2 kiddos ages 8 and 10 and they didn't like the hotel because there was no pool. I HATE that all hotels now feel like they need to gouge guests $12.99 for WIFI, it is absolutely ridiculous! With all that said I loved it and if it had only been my husband and I, I would have given it 5 stars. We got a room with a view of the harbor and I loved it very much.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hi, am88,
I see we *almost* earned that 5-star rating, and perhaps we will next time when I tell you this great news: we actually have fast, free wifi for all members of our guest rewards program, Kimpton InTouch. And, of course, there's no cost to join, it's just a matter of telling us your preferences (pillow type etc) so we can cater to you better when you stay with us around the U.S. On the second note, I say we see if your kids can brave the cold waters of the Aquatic Park bay inlet next door. Not a pool per se, but you wouldn't believe how many people swim there! Brrrr....

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Wouldn't normally pick a tourist zone hotel but the Argonaut is worth making an exception. Easy walking to Colombus Ave and North Beach as well as along all the piers. Taxi distance to Embarcadero BART. And in the middle of tourist stuff, if you must.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you, zdoctorsin! We are flattered to be the exception to your rule :). I think as far as tourist areas go, there is actually a nice mellow quality to this end of the waterfront. Definitely better than the Pier 39 or Union Square areas. Sometimes at lunch time I like to walk the park and beach next door, though I make sure to stop short of the chocolate and cupcakes at Ghirardelli Square--most of the time...

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Lovely three day stay at this hotel at the end of May. Quirky and ideally situated for all the sites. The hotel has all the amenities you would expect from a hotel such as this. A lovely touch is the "free" wine tasting every evening. Other than the perfect situation, right in the heart of Fishermans Wharf. the best thing about this hotel is the customer service. All the staff were friendly and helpful and even after 3 days knew us by name. Special thanks has to go to Joe on the front desk who helped us sort out a few things .Also thank you to the management who left a bottle of wine for us in our room to help us celebrate a special occasion. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Francisco.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny L

Thanks so much, Penny L! I love your headline, and I've actually already shared your review with Joe and our front of house manager. It's great to hear that the service made all the difference in your stay. And of course the charms of the building and free adult beverages never hurt, do they...? I hope you got to check out our bartender's new Cannery Sangria at the wine party. If not, come back! We'll be featuring it all summer long... :)